Colonoscopy

I watched the screen during mine. I've always wanted to know what my insides look like and that was the only chance I had, so I took it.

Never watch the screen - it’s a golden rule of mine

It was right front of my face though. I could see nothing else.

I forgot to add that the worst thing of the whole process was having a prostate exam by a consultant who had the fattest fingers imaginable.

It was right front of my face though. I could see nothing else.

I forgot to add that the worst thing of the whole process was having a prostate exam by a consultant who had the fattest fingers imaginable.
Are you sure it was his fingers?

I had this and watched it on a screen by the bed.

It was more interesting than most TV programmes.

I had this and watched it on a screen by the bed.

It was more interesting than most TV programmes.
medical-colonoscopy-infection-operation-virus-viral-cwln2879_low.jpg

Are you sure it was his fingers?

Although I know it was his fingers, thank you for imprinting that thought in my mind.

First thing I did when I went into the consultant's room was to check his fingers out as I knew what was going to happen.

I'll never forget the taste of Moviprep. It's like someone took flat lemonade and left it out in the sun for three weeks, extracted everything people enjoy from flat lemonade (which isn't much to begin with) and then put a drop of piss in it. Hideous stuff that I hope I never have to drink again.

Mate, is that same as Laxido, which I have been told to now take three times a day by the doc for potentially ages? I don't mind the orange taste and certainly helps keep things regular.

He says nothing harmful or medicinal in it, just flushing my system with more water?

Been three times now last six months with various constipation symptoms and irregular bowel habits, but after a blood test for my liver and thyroid, other inflammation markers, the GP just said I have classic IBS symptoms and if it were bowel cancer, I'd be dead by now.

Not very reassuring.

I was planning to ask for a scan before he said the blood tests, although not directly looking for bowel cancer, would rule out things like Chrones and other red flags.

Also bad heartburn but again just dismissed me with Ozemaprol or something like that.

Don't even have to eat much to be needing it or necking Gaviscon.

Now that I am partial too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.