Spurs v City - CL QF I - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs play the right way, so at least we won't be treated to ten men behind the ball and hoping to keep it to 1-0 until 80 minutes.

Would like to see Ederson go long and over the press into the corners, get our wingers one-on-one. Concerned about our defensive set-pieces against Kane and Vertonghen.

Must be years of conditioning though, would take a win over Palace this weekend and against Spurs in the league.

Think the way Spurs approach this depends a lot on whether Winks is fit or not. If he is, they'll go to four at the back and put Winks in over Sanchez/Alderweireld at the back. If he's not, they'll probably go with the same team they played against Liverpool, with Sissoko sat behind the midfield and Eriksen slightly deeper than normal.

I am expecting Lloris to have a stormer and pull of a string or worldies, laporte to get sent off for an Ali dive that Eriksen hits at the wall to deflect past Ederson, a Kane penalty after VAR and then hopefully we can sort ourselves out in the 2nd half.

There are plenty of optimists on the Matchday Forum Prediction thread. One guy even suggests City win 5-1. I wish him well, but very unlikely.

Crazy optimism. If we can get through the first half-hour without conceding, we have a platform.

I'm encouraged, however, by the amount of chances Arsenal were able to create against them recently.

Eriksson has been well off it these last few months, but don't want him being allowed to get his groove on.

I don't know why, but I would not be surprised to see Mahrez playing.

Think the way Spurs approach this depends a lot on whether Winks is fit or not. If he is, they'll go to four at the back and put Winks in over Sanchez/Alderweireld at the back. If he's not, they'll probably go with the same team they played against Liverpool, with Sissoko sat behind the midfield and Eriksen slightly deeper than normal.

Winks is available, but expect them to go with a three at the back.

Overrated? There can be no basis for that, other than one-eyed bias. I would have him at City in a heartbeat, once Sergio has gone.

he would be a Rodney Marsh. I see him as a good Nolan. Good at holding up the ball but nowhere near our level. The world cup was case in point, bloody awful. And don't even think about retorting with the golden boot thing as penalties and a couple off his arse does make you a top player.

You stick to you opinion if you like, but I think he overrated.

Difficult team to predict tonight. I think Laporte might get the nod at left back, and possibly Gundogan over David Silva?

At a push, I'd go for:

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Stones
Laporte
Fernandinho
Gundogan
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Sterling
Aguero

Crazy optimism. If we can get through the first half-hour without conceding, we have a platform.

I'm encouraged, however, by the amount of chances Arsenal were able to create against them recently.

Eriksson has been well off it these last few months, but don't want him being allowed to get his groove on.

I don't know why, but I would not be surprised to see Mahrez playing.
I also think Mahrez will play, did a very good job against them previously pressing the left back. With Raheem on the left pressing Trippier (hopefully into similar mistake which produced a goal last time there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.