Match Thread | Tottenham vs Man City Champs League (09/04/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, we’ve looked shit because Spurs have dominated us where we like to play. Rather than us playing in the midfield holes, they are. Instead of us attacking down the sides and opening them up with a cross field pass, they’re doing it to us.

Long story short; they’re beating us at our own game.

Silva and Gundogan anonymous in the middle. Sissoko and Winks have all day to find Erickson, Dele and Son between the lines, because Sterling and esp Mahrez not doing it defensively.

Not at the races so far. Needs an injection of KDB and Ndombele in midfield and Sané out wide.

Oh wait...!

It is in games like this, against big, strong, fast, and organized opposition that we can be made to look average.

At this point, I’d grab your hand off for 0-0 and let’s sort it out at our place. However, 1-1 would be better, and my original 2-0 to us would be UFB!!

This game might hinge on a single mistake or piece of magic, but that could also open the floodgates, esp if it’s against us. We are looking poor and ragged. Haven’t imprinted anything on this game. Sterling only decent looking player going forward and Ota & Laporte are getting knocked about by lesser mortals.

We lack structure and that is because Spurs are disrupting it before we can establish it with the ball.

Huge european nights like this, it’s incredibly frustrating to see City play this bad. It’s so obvious we miss our best players. We can do so much more and we need atleast two goals tonight.

With the players we’re missing, a draw is a great result to take home. I just feel that we’ll need to score because I can see us conceding, especially with this impulsive referee.

Eddie having a great match.

Sterling looks up for it.

Delph not doing too badly.

Gundogan is an issue in his current role.

Sergio doesn’t look quite on it tonight.

Pep will changes things and hopefully we’ll kick on.

Gundo is sitting deep and just exchanging passes with the back four. When he plays we seem to lose our tempo - it’s all too slow and laboured so far - need to move it quicker. To be fair to Gundo - Silva struggling a bit. Really need De Bruyne out there.

Decent half, not our usual style but a textbook European away performance thus far, keeping it tight, controlling the ball well and breaking fast. My only concern is Delphy looks a bit rusty.

Ref’s spent the entire half tryin to atone for the pen which was correctly given

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.