QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not often you can criticise Pep but he got it so wrong tonight. We needed KDB all night and Sane should’ve been brought on far earlier. Quite why Delph was put in today after his shit show in Swansea I’ll never know, he was an accident waiting to happen from minute 1 and Danilo should’ve played. Likewise Walkers inability to cross makes him a terrible partner for Mahrez who constantly cuts in which relys an effective overlap.

But Spurs are absolute tripe and we can turn this around at home. Just frustrating as we’ve left the door wide open for them now.

The tie is salvageable. But 59% poss and only two shots on target. This might be the season where two missed pens cost us dear! We shall see. Spurs will think that 1-0 mightn't be enough. They can attempt to bottle up the game and hope they are defensively flawless or go for an away goal and leave us a bit of space!

Calm yourselves. We’ll beat these comfortably at home with Kevin, Bernardo and Zinchenko/Danilo coming back into the team. In any case, the Quadruple is an unrealistic aspiration. If we go out of the Champions League but win the Premier League then that can only be classified as a phenomenal season.
Will be impossible to win either playing like this. Where’s the desire to win? We did not want to win this game today. We just go through the motions and then take whatever happens. We’re up against it with our fixtures, so the least we can do is look up for the battle, force the issue a little bit.

Silva is finished, Mahrez should never start again, Jesus, the jury still out for me and several others not up to the job. We can't get away with playing this second string, it isn't good enough.

Silva's not finished, just needs to shave his hair off to be awesome and score more.

What was that I've just watched?

A boxer out on his feet perhaps?

Couldn't find the blow to change the tie, we were toothless subs should have come on all together (What was the reason)????

Walker is done (read peps books), max 2 seasons from a fullback.

Delph is not a fullback so can't be to harsh.

Looked like a shadow of the team that tanked top teams this season.

But.....

It's only half time.

We paid Tottenham far too much respect with our conservative line-up and approach.

As much as he impressed last season, I wouldn’t be upset if Delph never features for us again. He’s simply not good enough.

Given the weird team selection I didn't think the performance was that bad but I can't understand the Mahrez/Delph selection and the reluctance to use KdB and Sane until it was too late.

Kane fucked himself by trying to be a snidey ****, serves him right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.