QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep talking about encroachment on the penalty but no mention of Lloris being off his line

Once Kane went off they had nothing, nothing at all. Other than, of course, us switching off........

It didn't help that out forward and midfield line was the equivalent of having Richarlison, Kelvert-Levin and Sigursson. The game in general was very similar to a Pelligrini away performance, we looked good but too much left to chance i.e squad/poor players don't do anything daft.....

Having said that, if Ederson is ok then we have a clean bill of health going in to the last 8 games or so. This was the last game where rest and poor results were able to be rescued. If we win on Sunday then we are in a great position, if we don't win then......

Some of you posters don't get it. This was the perfect away performance. Defend. Don't open yourself. Let home team come at you which is what they did few twice and mistakenly gave goal away. Otherwise happy.

Secondly target is title. Forget champs league. Tough tough teams and competition.
That’s not the perfect away performance. All that is is a tired cliché. What we needed was to score goals. To take away this farcical situation where Spurs now only need 1 goal to force us to need 3. The perfect away performance is to leave with the away goals rule being most likely in our favour.

I've seen a few hundred games from City and this is one of the worst. Everybody knows the importance of scoring atleast one away goal. We also let a goal in from Son that wouldn't have been a goal if Delph did his job.

We all know by now Mahrez is not up for the task. Sell him asap, along with Gundogan, Delph and Otamendi. None of them have the quality to play for City.

And Pep is wasting this tournament. He is literally flushing the CL trophy down the toilet. WHY? Why doesn't he care? Why this weak lineup? Why in a quarter final? Why use ice cold players like Delph, Otamendi, Mahrez – players who barely played all season, while also removing the most important players: Sane, KDB and Bernardo.

I am absolutely stunned how by Pep and his decisions. I'm beginning to think he has lost his head completely. *Shocking*.
Also if Aguero does his job we come away with an undeserved away goal and in the driving seat, but alas he didn't and we are not

Walker must be the worst full back that I have seen, absolutely fucking clueless in how to defend and pass a ball

Lost the battle there. I'm a big Gundogan fan but since Fernandinho's return he looks to have lost confidence - worst game in a long while. Once Kane went off we should have attacked with KDB/Sane. Team next time must include Bernardo, Stones & anyone but Mahrez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.