QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell
As usual the knives are out for Pep as soon as we lose a game
Yes Mahrez and Delph were poor but don’t people get we cannot keep playing the same “best 11” week in and out for 60 games a season?
We lost a game we could have won but for a missed pen and a brain fart from Delph
We are a far better team than them and I am confident we have more than enough to turn this round over the next 90 especially now they have lost Kane

Bonus about Kane, but should still be looking to finish them off at home whether they have him or not really,miles better side than them and we have a fully fit squad to choose from,just hope he selects the right team next week

Hoddle being allowed to make the case for most of the City team being sent off... absolutely ridiculous. Fucking idiot. It’s coming to something when Peter Walton is the one defending us !

Like many didn't get the selection or the holding back on the changes but get a grip for ffs it's half time. As much as Pep says he's taking it one game at a time he clearly wasn't tonight 3 points Sunday and turning this tie round next week says he called it right.

But it’s not quite half time as they have an away goal advantage.

If the get a goal they score we have to score 3 and then match them goal for goal

Plus they may get an extra 30 mins to do it.

I don’t get this talk of managing the squad. There was no excuse whatsoever for Delph playing. He’s done, finished here. He’s an accident waiting to happen and Pep and some fans can talk all they like about controlling the game and limiting their chances etc but we will concede goals in almost any game that Delph starts because he’s a glaring fucking weakness. In fact Poch should be sacked for not sticking Son on him sooner.

Fuming about that team selection and subsequent performance. All so unnecessary.

Whilst I don't think he should have played there are definitely 'excuses' for it
1) Mendy is just back and needs nursing
2) Zinchenko is injured
3) Laporte is not a left back
4) Danilo isn't fancied there against decent teams, for whatever reason

... and onto Palace, who will be physical to say the least. That's the one to go 1-0 up and 'game manage'. Keep it fresh for the 2nd leg, cos with a full team I can't see a problem going through.

I’m going to stand alone probably.
The line up was a surprise but we are not party to the reasons behind the scenes.
As far as the game management I felt we were doing well. Gundogan with Fernandinho with one of either Delph or Walker depending on which side the ball was coming out of were sitting deep and probing enticing spurs to come out so we can break the lines. We were so so brave and were controlling this tactic for the majority of the game. D Silva forgot his sat nav again but worked to find space. Mahrez worked hard. We weren’t going to go there and play our usual game. It was a European away QF match. We used the same tactic as away to Liverpool this season. Sit a bit deeper and keep it tight. I expected to get to 70mins 0-0 then step the tempo up with in game changes. That brain fart from Delph cocked the plan up. We had to then stabilise when they racked up the tempo. You can’t throw on new players in MF whilst that is happening. We got over that very dangerous period and then we could make the changes.
Disappointed to concede a goal like that against the control of the game. We have more very important games in the next days we have to manage. Don’t let these pundits put you off seeing what happened tonight.

I don’t get this talk of managing the squad. There was no excuse whatsoever for Delph playing. He’s done, finished here. He’s an accident waiting to happen and Pep and some fans can talk all they like about controlling the game and limiting their chances etc but we will concede goals in almost any game that Delph starts because he’s a glaring fucking weakness. In fact Poch should be sacked for not sticking Son on him sooner.

Fuming about that team selection and subsequent performance. All so unnecessary.
I'd play an under eighteen player rather than that clown, absolutely clueless as a footballer, problem is Fab, you don't know the 'Basics' !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.