QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
after sleeping on it i'm quite happy we will turn it around and not worried in the slightest we will fail,,not had a look on the spurs forums but i bet their not all that confident with it only at 1-0, TBH i would rather be in our position than that of spurs

Yep, Forest fan at work said he’d rather be us in the scenario, given our team and manager and that it’s at home.

The thing is, do people believe we will keep a clean sheet in the return leg? If the answer is no, we have to score at least three goals or we are out. Tough task, as is winning 2-0.

I think we're in a win-win situation, to be honest. If we go out then we don't have to play a semi-final either side of our penultimate league fixture against Leicester, but if we go through then we have a better shot at the quadruple. That's the best thing about cup competitions really - if you do well then it looks great, if you get knocked out you can focus your energy on other things.
Ever heard of the domino effect ?

This could have been a lot worse, thought Spurs were poor last night and had we played a team who created more we could have shipped 3 or 4 last night I think. I thought we started to come back into it a bit after an hour but no major chances and the final ball often missing.
Was no creativity in that Midfield, Silva seems to have lost it all and that was our only realistic hope. I don't get Mahrez, a left footed player who always gets played on the right, why the fuck don't we try him on the left and see how that goes?. I don't get paid silly money to make those decisions though, so I guess my point isn't valid.

No but it was possession where it didn't matter. Very disappointed in Pep.

What did you want him to do? Play KDB who is returning from injury? Bernardo was injured.
He was a little more pragmatic, i'm fine with it. He went to Anfield at the same stage last year without pragmatism and the tie was over after the first leg.
We are still very much in this tie.

This is top level stuff here mate, we can't just go and dictate games as we see fit. We are fighting for an unprecedented quadruple. Pep is trying to manage the squad as best he can. If we went gung-ho with full team last night, it effectively writes off the Palace game. We now have a number of fresh players to rotate in.

Pep took a gamble last night and it paid off.

What did you want him to do? Play KDB who is returning from injury? Bernardo was injured.
He was a little more pragmatic, i'm fine with it. He went to Anfield at the same stage last year without pragmatism and the tie was over after the first leg.
We are still very much in this tie.

This is top level stuff here mate, we can't just go and dictate games as we see fit. We are fighting for an unprecedented quadruple. Pep is trying to manage the squad as best he can. If we went gung-ho with full team last night, it effectively writes off the Palace game. We now have a number of fresh players to rotate in.

Pep took a gamble last night and it paid off.

How exactly did it pay off?

The thing is, do people believe we will keep a clean sheet in the return leg? If the answer is no, we have to score at least three goals or we are out. Tough task, as is winning 2-0.

i think we have to just level the tie up to 1-1,that should be priority, now that may take 5 minutes or 65 minutes then we take it from there,we don't know what the spurs game plan will be but i'd say they will sit deep with the lead and go for smash and grab.as soon as they lose that lead the game plan has gone and they will be running around like chickens

I’m optimistic, can see us blowing them away next week.
Our home record is so good that they will feel they need an away goal which could play into our hands.
We’re in a much stronger position then we were against liverpool last year, and with a half decent ref we might well have turned that one around, we battered them until that Spanish cheat intervened.
Pep has the highest regard for MP. Not quite as straightforward as blowing them away. We’ll be attacking, but they’ll counter with all the pace they have. If we’re to go through we’ll have faced some scary moments at our end.

Last night wasn't best team selection or performance but we are only one down and have 90 min at home to turn it around.

I think the more worrying thing is that for a few weeks now we have been struggling, especially with scoring goals. It appears we are hitting a bit of a bad patch performance wise at just the wrong time

I know a lot of people are saying that against Fulham Cardiff and Brighton we were playing within ourselves conserving energy,, but it may be we are just struggling at the moment, and that is a big worry with the matches coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.