Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has 16 starts this season in this 16 he manage to score 11 goals and provide 6 assists he has 17 goals involvement in 16 , he is not beeing effective as a sub as last season but it's normal he competes with possibly the best Striker in the world right now i think we forget how good he is just because Sergio is incredible and to be fair i dont see other young strikers who would gain more minutes than him only Mbappé would imo .

Thing is with Jesus at the moment he is not getting a consistent run in the team, so I think it is hard to judge him at the moment. With have seen with Kun over the years it can take him 2 or 3 games to find form when he has been out of the team. I think it is a bit hard on Jesus when he is coming in for the last 10 or 15 mins and getting the odd start to criticise him to much.

Prem this season
Kun offside every once for every 86 mins played.
Jesus offside once for every 81 mins played.
The trouble is it most times with gabby,he tends to muck up his chances from being offside,kev has yelled at him twice in a week for not being able to recieve the ball

The trouble is it most times with gabby,he tends to muck up his chances from being offside,kev has yelled at him twice in a week for not being able to recieve the ball

That's something he can improve in, but he was just fine for his goal in the FA Cup semi and after deciding not to play a return ball to De Bruyne he then played a lovely chest pass to Sane for us to bag the win against Cardiff.

With the constant changes it is hard as a striker to know what run to make and what ball the midfuelder might play. Silva likes to play the striker through, Kev likes to run off them amd get a return ball. Kev is the only midfuelder we have that plays that whipped ball across the face of goal consistently. Being in the right place and ready for it is easy when you have played a few games. There was one Jesus didn't anticipate against Cardiff but he instantly did against Brighton, and scored. That shows his quality.

Remember too, usually coming off the bench, we are comfortably winning and playing in third gear. Aguero tends to do little off the bench.

Considering his age I think we have a great player. Much to improve on but his record remains good for his age and he will continue to improve under Pep. He needs to work on staying onside. He has the pace to not need to be right on the edge, but Pep seems to encourage playing on the edge. Sane and Sterling both look to run in behind on fine margins when they are in the team. Again, De Bruyne probably releases the ball slightly quicker than Gundogan. It depends on who you play with and developing an understanding.

That's something he can improve in, but he was just fine for his goal in the FA Cup semi and after deciding not to play a return ball to De Bruyne he then played a lovely chest pass to Sane for us to bag the win against Cardiff.

With the constant changes it is hard as a striker to know what run to make and what ball the midfuelder might play. Silva likes to play the striker through, Kev likes to run off them amd get a return ball. Kev is the only midfuelder we have that plays that whipped ball across the face of goal consistently. Being in the right place and ready for it is easy when you have played a few games. There was one Jesus didn't anticipate against Cardiff but he instantly did against Brighton, and scored. That shows his quality.

Remember too, usually coming off the bench, we are comfortably winning and playing in third gear. Aguero tends to do little off the bench.

Considering his age I think we have a great player. Much to improve on but his record remains good for his age and he will continue to improve under Pep. He needs to work on staying onside. He has the pace to not need to be right on the edge, but Pep seems to encourage playing on the edge. Sane and Sterling both look to run in behind on fine margins when they are in the team. Again, De Bruyne probably releases the ball slightly quicker than Gundogan. It depends on who you play with and developing an understanding.
I know i am hard on him,some think too hard but the offsides annoy me a lot.I do think he hasn't progressed as much as i expected,you are right with what you say and i appreciate your post

Jesus is unable to displace a 30-year old striker. When starting - he's very good - but never seems to be a game changer.

For me - Jesus is the perfect backup striker for our side. Once Kun retires... we need someone much better than Jesus - someone capable of changing a game all on his own - of dragging our side to victory no matter the odds - one of the top 3 or 4 strikers in world football. Jesus so far in his career - is not of that ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.