QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was far from City's best side.

The question would be why Pep chose it.

Is it that simple, to just play the strongest side in every game, or do Pep & his staff think that will cause us to run out of steam ?

Some appear to think Pep is just dicking around for the sake of it, I think he is trying to accomplish a close to impossible task by managing his resources.

No other manager in the history of the Premier League would even attempt this.

This
Sane didn't play against Fulham, Brighton or Spurs. He played against Cardiff.
So if he doesn't play against Palace there's something seriously wrong.

He'll start on Sunday and that was exactly my point about him not starting on Tuesday v Spurs.

I think a lot of people get the rotation part and get the thinking behind it. But the all round performance wasn't too clever, especially up front. The missed pen was a bummer but it was poorly taken. I've mentioned it before but the subs should have been on not long after they scored, 88 mins was a bit late imho. I'll be thoroughly cheesed off if we go out because of that tepid 1st leg against this spurs team.

We were tepid v Fulham. We were fairly crap v Brighton.

We know for sure that a fair number of players aren't fully fit & those that are, have probably played too much.

That should imo give us a clue why Pep isn't throwing eveyrone full tilt at every game.

If he did, we would probably win fuck all else.

I went to the match and now get the selection. We are in a marathon and if we win the second leg by 2 clear goals it is vindicated. Pep is playing things down while thinking about ot all the time.

So how many of the others are going for 3 competitions ?

I mean, I agree totally with Ferguson's method. I would have used the FA & League cups largely as youth training programmes, & take it a bit more seriously if we reached the semi final.

Pep, on the other hand is trying to win everything.
Barcelona, Juventus, Ajax, Porto and also Liv going for big two. On top of defensive mindset waiting till 89th minute to make subs appears very odd.

No wonder team did not play well for whole year team plays an attacking style of football and then for one day they are asked to change their style and attitude.

First post, Bolton fan but brought up a city fan til I was 14 and joined my mates supporting my local club. Always had a soft spot for city and quietly admired your last 10 years upsetting the European royalty.

Once you drew Spurs I believed it was the worse draw you could have got other than Utd. City are best against foreign opposition and you would have probably beat any of the foreign teams. However, I fear Spurs will score one or two so city will have to score 4!

As a great pep fan I love his approach and football but his in and pre match approach to the very big games need to be questioned, just put out your best side and let them play!

Hope you beat Spurs but I fear the lack of a an away goal will cost you. Spurs will get turned over by Juve or Ajax.

Anyhow, bring on the trolls., I am 59 and loved European and WC football since 1970. (BTW I stood on the Kippax and sat in the south stand (opposite the bell lady who sat behind the opposite goal, with my very older Scottish brother in law for many games from 1970 - 1973 who was city mad.)

First post, Bolton fan but brought up a city fan til I was 14 and joined my mates supporting my local club. Always had a soft spot for city and quietly admired your last 10 years upsetting the European royalty.

Once you drew Spurs I believed it was the worse draw you could have got other than Utd. City are best against foreign opposition and you would have probably beat any of the foreign teams. However, I fear Spurs will score one or two so city will have to score 4!

As a great pep fan I love his approach and football but his in and pre match approach to the very big games need to be questioned, just put out your best side and let them play!

Hope you beat Spurs but I fear the lack of a an away goal will cost you. Spurs will get turned over by Juve or Ajax.

Anyhow, bring on the trolls., I am 59 and loved European and WC football since 1970. (BTW I stood on the Kippax and sat in the south stand (opposite the bell lady who sat behind the opposite goal, with my very older Scottish brother in law for many games from 1970 - 1973 who was city mad.)

Aye we've struggled like shit, against English opposition, this season.

It's fucking difficult.
We did a pretty good job last year with a bigger deficit, at least until close to half time and the dear ref decided to rule out a perfectly good goal.

Would certainly have preferred 1-1 though, as it stands will have a heart attack every time Spurs close in on goal.

Barcelona, Juventus, Ajax, Porto and also Liv going for big two. On top of defensive mindset waiting till 89th minute to make subs appears very odd.

No wonder team did not play well for whole year team plays an attacking style of football and then for one day they are asked to change their style and attitude.

Two.

What is their competition like, compared to ours ?

How athletic did Barca look, at the swamp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.