How many trophies will we win?

Be disappointing if we don't get one of the big two but League Cup and FA cup (hopefully) and likely 2nd in the Prem league won't be a disastrous season..just saying like!

*not forgetting comm shield*

Last edited:
Maybe Pep is looking at the long game , if there was one game we could afford to lose by the odd goal it was the Spurs 1st leg game , because we get a 2nd chance next week ,but if we drop points at Palace the title is gone. For all the shite coming from Merseyside and the Dipper media pundits , if they want to win the Champs league and Premier league , they have to get past us , and they know that is no easy task.

I keep reading that and hoping it to be true...but why wouldn’t he just have wanted to clobber spurs with best team, rest 5 days and clobber palace, and then play safe side to control home cl v Spurs and rest people, before clobbering them with the rested best team the following weekend? I just don’t get how playing the long game involves potentially digging a hole and inviting pressure when the competition clearly is already in their heads and freaks them out...but confess I may be missing something.

I keep reading that and hoping it to be true...but why wouldn’t he just have wanted to clobber spurs with best team, rest 5 days and clobber palace, and then play safe side to control home cl v Spurs and rest people, before clobbering them with the rested best team the following weekend? I just don’t get how playing the long game involves potentially digging a hole and inviting pressure when the competition clearly is already in their heads and freaks them out...but confess I may be missing something.

Agree to some extent when i saw the team for Spuds i was concerned , with KDB , Mendy and Sane in the starting line up we would have torn them apart , now we have to play the 2nd leg under pressure , strange selection decision from Pep.

The thing you appear to be ignoring is what had happened in the previous week - Cardiff at home and then the semi against Brighton when he played his best players as much as he could, but then had only 2 full days rest before Spurs, whereas, Spurs had 6 days rest. We'll never know who was fittest out of the squad, or who Pep thinks is best - probably defensively and physically at any given time - so hence I just give him the benefit of any doubt. After all, he IS the man.

Liverpool will win the League. You need luck to win it, and they have in spades. The last minute gifts from Pickford & Lloris, and Mahrez's missed penalty at their ground to name a few examples.
We will win the League cup & FA cup. I can't see us winning the CL, but we can hope.

Liverpool will win the League. You need luck to win it, and they have in spades. The last minute gifts from Pickford & Lloris, and Mahrez's missed penalty at their ground to name a few examples.
We will win the League cup & FA cup. I can't see us winning the CL, but we can hope.

Dude have some faith

We have leaders all over the place. If you think vinny, dinho, aguero and silva will sit and watch this team just win a league cup and fa cup you must be outta of ya darn mind. Stop flapping, pull those shoulders up and lift that chest high. We are in a battle and we cannot, will not carry any flappers or dandelions.

Well you’re cheerful - ffs!

It's fucking hard one. April is brutal and I'm not sure we'd have enough strength to do it all. I want the league though. Always was about winning CL as that is what the club wants but I just want to beat dippers for the title now.

City fans saying Liverpool will win the league doesn’t sit right with me. We are in control, they are relying on us to drop points, the bookies have us as favourites, we have the squad, the first 11 and the experience to win it and there is only a handful of games left. If the positions were reversed every single dipper will think the title was won, a lot of them think it is now!

As for the champs league, well the problem is it is a 4 way toss up between us, the dippers, Juventus and Barca, but I think we are better than all of them.

The way I see it:
The fa cup - will
The league - should
The champs league - could.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.