Would you sit in Utd end at OT?

What_A_Bummer_Sticker_300x300.jpg

Only time I ever went there was as a kid with my dad and you could pay on the Gate - they were playing ‘Boro and we were stood with the Rags - remember us both celebrating when Boro scored and it finished 0-1 - no idea how we survived it

I have visited Old Trafford on many occasions. In fact my first match was there against Wolves in 1963. I went to Maine Road two or three weeks later to see City lose 3-0 to Blackpool and felt far more at home. There was something about Old Trafford that I did not like. Like many others back then I would attend some United matches if I couldn't make it away with City. The best period for me at Old Trafford was from 1968 to 1974 starting with the 3-1 win and ending with the Denis Law 1-0 match. City won six of the seven league matches in that sequence and drew the seventh. I haven't been there since. All the matches were for the standing areas and consequently not segregated. I would either stand in the corner nearest to the Stretford End or in the Scoreboard End.

By the time United got back to First Division, I was working away and got out of the habit of attending away matches. It was a long time before City won another match at Old Trafford.

I did once go in the home end at St James's Park. It was for the match on Boxing Day in 2010 when Tevez scored two in a 3-1 win. We were at the in-laws for a Boxing Day party and persuaded a group to go to the match. My Geordie son-in-law bought the tickets for us ...... in the Gallowgate End! Not only that I was sat one row ahead and two seats away from the biggest nutter in the ground. He was huge and 20 stone plus and one of those who would keep his shirt off even in mid winter. It was very scary, particularly as City went 2-0 up in the first seven or eight minutes.

I actually stood on the Stretford end when it was all standing as a young lad in 1970 in an FA cup tie which we lost 3-0. I was right at the front and my leg got crushed against a barrier as the crowd surged. I was in a fair bit of pain and was taken to the first aid room. It was like a war zone, not long after kick off and there was fans lying all over having been beaten up and I remember a st John's ambulance guy saying they thought someone had been stabbed about one poor bloke. I was treated and walked back around the pitch to the Stretford end. For some reason, I may have said I was worried to go back into the crowd, the copper let me sit on the grassed area behind the goal. I sat there for quite some time, at one point even getting the ball and throwing it to Neil Young to take a corner. This proved a mistake as I could hear shouts behind me of, " There's nothing wrong with your leg now is there you blue bastard!" And similar. I kept my head down but at half time some other copper said I couldn't stay there and I was put back into the Stretford end. After the third goal went in and a few rag urchins looking at me ready to pounce I confided in a copper I was a City fan and he kindly walked me back around the pitch and I was let out of the ground, the gates to be let out hadn't opened yet.

An awful day with the result and I think Glyn Pardoe broke his leg too. It was great being allowed to sit behind the goal though.

I have been in home ends a fair few tines and if you wear no colours and keep quiet you are usually okay these days. The problem is though you are usually sussed out as you don't cheer, sing or celebrate with the home fans so it is pretty noticeable.

My favourite memory was with Colin Lund, who used to own the soccer shop adjacent to Maine rd... we were in the United end around 92, that big daft fucking flag came over us and Colin put his customary cigar right through it, coins, everything came at us, I was about 12, my big bro @tolmie's hairdoo did the protective shield then the game ensued...

It was the curly wurly penalty, after being down to 10 men, and we took it to the red wankers, white missed a glorious chance to win it late on... anyway, we got out alive but was one one of my favourite football experiences as a kid!!

With his left foot too, he couldn't normally pass it 5 yds with his left foot ! Yeah amazing scenes when he scored, one of those times when it seems to go on for ages and you're literally breathless when it settles down
Yep. I actually thought I'd died and gone to heaven..er No.City had just equalised at utd away .u daft bugger,lol.Great Day.

I have visited Old Trafford on many occasions. In fact my first match was there against Wolves in 1963. I went to Maine Road two or three weeks later to see City lose 3-0 to Blackpool and felt far more at home. There was something about Old Trafford that I did not like. Like many others back then I would attend some United matches if I couldn't make it away with City. The best period for me at Old Trafford was from 1968 to 1974 starting with the 3-1 win and ending with the Denis Law 1-0 match. City won six of the seven league matches in that sequence and drew the seventh. I haven't been there since. All the matches were for the standing areas and consequently not segregated. I would either stand in the corner nearest to the Stretford End or in the Scoreboard End.

By the time United got back to First Division, I was working away and got out of the habit of attending away matches. It was a long time before City won another match at Old Trafford.

I did once go in the home end at St James's Park. It was for the match on Boxing Day in 2010 when Tevez scored two in a 3-1 win. We were at the in-laws for a Boxing Day party and persuaded a group to go to the match. My Geordie son-in-law bought the tickets for us ...... in the Gallowgate End! Not only that I was sat one row ahead and two seats away from the biggest nutter in the ground. He was huge and 20 stone plus and one of those who would keep his shirt off even in mid winter. It was very scary, particularly as City went 2-0 up in the first seven or eight minutes.
Those first 7 or 8 mins were Bedlam. ..
I missed both goals.still on that boozer behind the Newcastle away end shouting shall lal lal Summer bee! Pissed out me head..made it into the ground after staggering up 40 thousand stairs....just in time to hear a 2nd muffled roar...City were 2nil up!!!! There were blues in Santa's outfits jigging all over place.it was mental. ...Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way
Oh what Fun it is to see City Win Away Hey!....What a Great Xmas that was.Belting day out.Top notch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.