1894 Group: We need a big atmosphere next week v Spurs

From the kick off against the scousers at our place we absolutely piled the pressure on them with our boos and whistles every time they touched the ball and you could see it in them from Allison right through:
It lifts us and our lads feed on that.i genuinely believe that we,us,the fans won that game and we need to do it again

I’ve relocated from the tranquil confines and plush leather seats of 204 to be amongst the bile spewing raucous hooligans of 111 for this game so I hope it’s a great atmosphere.

From wiki page on us and I am sure
@Gary James will verify as I wasn't looking for this bit saw it and thought it relevant

"The club was growing at a rapid pace and in 1895, within a year of the club's inception, the club started to attract crowds of over 20,000 with the biggest attendance of 30,000 for a Good Friday fixture in 1895.
The Manchester City supporters of this time were known to be exuberant fans of their club, often transferring their enthusiasm for the club into creating a loud atmosphere at Hyde Road, often with their bugles and drums whilst some would occasionally wear fancy dress."

So drums were there at the start, maybe we need to rethink our snobbery to the idea
I'm sure I have read that we used to beat a drum faster when we attacked or when we had a corner but City definitely had drums in our early days...over to you Gary J

Games like this don’t need organised atmosphere. That will look after itself. The midweek games like Cardiff at home need an 1894 leg-up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.