MCFC 125: Gary James talk at The Dancehouse 11/04/2019

When/If the swamp people celebrate their formation is it from 1878 or 1902 ?
Let’s not worry about others - we celebrated the 125th anniversary of our earliest known game as St Mark’s (Idid a season long series of articles in 2005-06 in the match prog) and now we’re celebrating the birth of the first team to use the name Manchester in theLeague. Always worth celebrating our anniversaries - we have a history to be proud of and should remind everyone else of it.

Should be a great event this for anyone with an interest in the history of the club. Gary is a very engaging speaker and, as you could expect, incredibly knowledgeable about the club! You can get tickets here:
https://www.thedancehouse.co.uk/events/2019/228-mcfc-125

This event has been established by the MCFC Official Supporters Club to celebrate the 125th anniversary of Manchester City - born in April 1894.

In the first half Dr Gary James will take us on a journey through the birth of Manchester City and on to the club's first success, the 1904 FA Cup. He'll talk about the key moments (such as the 1904 homecoming that made Manchester a footballing city) and the personalities that established the club (including Joshua Parlby – the visionary who established City).

Gary will also celebrate the contribution supporters have made to the club's development focusing on the moments and songs that helped establish City's cultural DNA.

MCFC Supporters Club Discounts
MCFC Supporters Club Discounted price £8 use the discount code: OSC125
MCFC Supporters Club Concessions Discounted price £7.50 use the discount code: OSC125CON

Should be a great event this for anyone with an interest in the history of the club. Gary is a very engaging speaker and, as you could expect, incredibly knowledgeable about the club! You can get tickets here:
https://www.thedancehouse.co.uk/events/2019/228-mcfc-125

This event has been established by the MCFC Official Supporters Club to celebrate the 125th anniversary of Manchester City - born in April 1894.

In the first half Dr Gary James will take us on a journey through the birth of Manchester City and on to the club's first success, the 1904 FA Cup. He'll talk about the key moments (such as the 1904 homecoming that made Manchester a footballing city) and the personalities that established the club (including Joshua Parlby – the visionary who established City).

Gary will also celebrate the contribution supporters have made to the club's development focusing on the moments and songs that helped establish City's cultural DNA.

MCFC Supporters Club Discounts
MCFC Supporters Club Discounted price £8 use the discount code: OSC125
MCFC Supporters Club Concessions Discounted price £7.50 use the discount code: OSC125CON
Thanks Ric. Last chance to get tickets. The show's tonight and there aren't too many left: https://www.thedancehouse.co.uk/events/2019/228-mcfc-125 You can also buy them at the box office if there are any spare tonight. Starts 7.30pm and ends about 9.45pm. There should be about 300+ Blues there. Thanks to all those who have ordered. See you later.

I have a spare for tonight if any one wants to go last minute. I don't want anything for it, so just inbox me if you want it.

Great night Gary! Thank you.
The length's you've been to, to find out the details of our formation (and before) + early events after are truly staggering! As the saying goes, 'the truth is out there' and congratulations for finding out such obscure events from our history and piecing it all together.
A great evening and masterfully presented.

Great night Gary! Thank you.
The length's you've been to, to find out the details of our formation (and before) + early events after are truly staggering! As the saying goes, 'the truth is out there' and congratulations for finding out such obscure events from our history and piecing it all together.
A great evening and masterfully presented.
Thanks - there was so much more I wanted to say too. Pity we didn't fill the place but I fully understand the financial pressures we're all going through (I wonder if Kirsty found out about the empty seats?). I wish I could do that to 54,000 and ensure everybody gets to understand the facts not the fiction of our club. The facts are certainly better than the myths.

Really enjoyed the talk last night Gary. Thanks.

It's nice to know that other people share my obsession.

The highlight for me was your detective work on the Viking song - brilliant.
I've done similar with some other songs. Maybe I should do a night simply on atmosphere. It might remind people of what we can do; have done; and what used to happen (not what we think happened). The idea of the Platt Lane, Platt Lane, Give Us A Song chant could work today to get wider stand involvement in building the atmosphere too. Thanks again for your comments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.