The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Going to a festival for a day in a few months and Johnny Marr is on the line up. I remember him playing a few songs at City Live (the season launch thing) a few years ago, but I've listened a lot more to the Smiths since then.

Has anyone seen him on his own before? Does he just play songs by the Smiths or does he have his own stuff and is it worth listening to?

Going to a festival for a day in a few months and Johnny Marr is on the line up. I remember him playing a few songs at City Live (the season launch thing) a few years ago, but I've listened a lot more to the Smiths since then.

Has anyone seen him on his own before? Does he just play songs by the Smiths or does he have his own stuff and is it worth listening to?

He has had 3 solo albums out in the past 5 years. So he plays many of them, sprinkled with 5 or 6 Smiths, an electronic tune and finishing with something like i fought the law and the law won.
Well worth seeing. Will be seeing him again in May in Rhode Island

Yeah he is very good. Voice had got better over the years.

Playa these Smiths Songs regularly

There is a light
Bigmouth
Headmaster Ritual
Please Please Please
HSIN
Just haven’t earned it yet
Last Night I dreamt

I've seen him probably 8 or so times in the last 5 years. As was previously stated, his voice has greatly improved and his comfort at being a front man is also apparent. Each show has been better than the last. With it being a festival, not sure how long a set he will get. You can bet on How Soon Is Now and There is a Light with another Smiths song or two. Toss in Getting Away With It from his Electronic days and the balance will be his solo stuff. His backing band are very good. I would fully recommend the set and checking out his solo stuff.

I've seen him probably 8 or so times in the last 5 years. As was previously stated, his voice has greatly improved and his comfort at being a front man is also apparent. Each show has been better than the last. With it being a festival, not sure how long a set he will get. You can bet on How Soon Is Now and There is a Light with another Smiths song or two. Toss in Getting Away With It from his Electronic days and the balance will be his solo stuff. His backing band are very good. I would fully recommend the set and checking out his solo stuff.
Going to see him 3rd May 40 miles away in Providence, Rhode Island - and on Wednesday he announced a tour warm up gig 25th April in Boston!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.