João Félix

This kid is almost too good for us. We aren't in the market for a starter in the front 3, and he'll have offers from big clubs to do exactly that.

Yesterday was the first full game of his I'd seen, and it was obviously a great one to watch him in, but yeah I think he's progressing too quickly, getting too good to come in to our squad and take a role like Jesus did, or even that Bernardo did last year.
It’s a tough one. He might be the kind of talent that you accelerate the phase out of an existing player for.

This kid is almost too good for us. We aren't in the market for a starter in the front 3, and he'll have offers from big clubs to do exactly that.

Yesterday was the first full game of his I'd seen, and it was obviously a great one to watch him in, but yeah I think he's progressing too quickly, getting too good to come in to our squad and take a role like Jesus did, or even that Bernardo did last year.

I’m not so sure the big clubs could really offer him guaranteed starting roles, well the clubs who could afford him that is & he’s only 19 years old.

As I mentioned earlier I would be a fan of City buying him now in the summer & loaning in him back to Benfica which sort of fits into Pep’s previous comments on being smarter & faster in the transfer market.

He would still get first team regular football & we would be further down the line of establishing our current striker strategy whilst possibly at the same time avoiding an inflated long drawn out auction process which seems more likely with the more impressive performances he puts in.

I’m not so sure the big clubs could really offer him guaranteed starting roles, well the clubs who could afford him that is & he’s only 19 years old.

As I mentioned earlier I would be a fan of City buying him now in the summer & loaning in him back to Benfica which sort of fits into Pep’s previous comments on being smarter & faster in the transfer market.

He would still get first team regular football & we would be further down the line of establishing our current striker strategy whilst possibly at the same time avoiding an inflated long drawn out auction process which seems more likely with the more impressive performances he puts in.

He'd walk into the United, Bayern, Juventus, Chelsea and Madrid starting XI tomorrow if any of them bought him.

Best case scenario here, he replaces Mahrez as the back up to Sterling/Sané and 3rd choice striker.

Problem is you don’t smash your record to bits and then loan him back out. He will cost a fortune and that is way too much to go on loan

Unless we are selling someone significant I can't see this happening. From a purely financial position how could we afford a new LB, CM and this guy in the summer?

We could buy this guy and interchange him with Sergio - up front Sell Mahrez and have Jesus and Sane covering the left flank and Sterling and Bernardo the right flank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.