1894 Group: We need a big atmosphere next week v Spurs

Paid £45 each for our three.. nighttime games are generally a pain in the arse to get to and they could have helped on the prices. The team really need us to be on our game this week as fans so how could I miss it...

Let’s make some noise... try to make a noise like we did at 93:20 if that’s even possible ...

If there’s loads left they should have it on general sale. It’s a European cup
Quarter final, a full house would set the tone.

Hardly loads. There’s probably no more than 2000 left. Only significant availability is in 2 or 3 blocks of EL3, that block in the first tier between the family stand and the East Stand, and the opposite block between the family stand and the West Stand. Family Stand probably has no more than 150 tickets left and no more than a few hundred in SS3. It’s on sale to fans with a purchase history but they won’t put it on general sale because they want to stop Spurs fans buying in our end.

Hardly loads. There’s probably no more than 2000 left. Only significant availability is in 2 or 3 blocks of EL3, that block in the first tier between the family stand and the East Stand, and the opposite block between the family stand and the West Stand. Family Stand probably has no more than 150 tickets left and no more than a few hundred in SS3. It’s on sale to fans with a purchase history but they won’t put it on general sale because they want to stop Spurs fans buying in our end.
Which has happened before..

If I'm ever seen texting a score for how I rate the atmosphere at a game, will somebody please shoot me.
I don't see the big deal with it personally. It takes a second to do. The club use the data to get a reasonably good idea on what affects the atmosphere (kick of time, opposition, result etc). They can use all this data to give them a better idea how to improve things.

I am interested in the atmosphere at the games (hence my involvement in the 1894 group). I would like to see it improved. I'd rather be laughed at for contributing to that, than to not bother sending a text, which takes 5 seconds of my week to do.

it’s true that thousands of those who were there even just 10 years ago have stopped going or been priced out
The atmosphere has suffered the loss of these people as they’ve been replaced by a tourists but then again cheap CL group stages and domestic cup games are pretty bad for atmosphere and turn out so it isn’t as easy that.
I think there should be a push to cap all match tickets at £30 not just away fans.
The club needs to look at the Wembley semi and this not selling out as quickly as it should and realise that £50 is not standard no matter what whoever else is charging.

I don't see the big deal with it personally. It takes a second to do. The club use the data to get a reasonably good idea on what affects the atmosphere (kick of time, opposition, result etc). They can use all this data to give them a better idea how to improve things.

I am interested in the atmosphere at the games (hence my involvement in the 1894 group). I would like to see it improved. I'd rather be laughed at for contributing to that, than to not bother sending a text, which takes 5 seconds of my week to do.
Fairplay to you for wanting to contribute but the whole thing is pointless. They don’t need focus groups and data samples they need common sense and understanding of people.

Go to Wimbledon- when’s the atmosphere better, finals day when all the debenture holders and corporates are there or impromptu middle sundays when all comers are welcome and young passionate fans fill the place ?

Go to the test match at OT this summer / autumn and see if it looks more fun in the pavilion amongst all the elderly members or in the massive temporary stand with all the youngsters drunk as fuck in fancy dress

I’m no class warrior and I’m too old to be ageist but middle class middle aged people are not conducive to a banging football atmosphere and as long as City court that market the ground will be like a fuckin morgue

Fairplay to you for wanting to contribute but the whole thing is pointless. They don’t need focus groups and data samples they need common sense and understanding of people.

Go to Wimbledon- when’s the atmosphere better, finals day when all the debenture holders and corporates are there or impromptu middle sundays when all comers are welcome and young passionate fans fill the place ?

Go to the test match at OT this summer / autumn and see if it looks more fun in the pavilion amongst all the elderly members or in the massive temporary stand with all the youngsters drunk as fuck in fancy dress

I’m no class warrior and I’m too old to be ageist but middle class middle aged people are not conducive to a banging football atmosphere and as long as City court that market the ground will be like a fuckin morgue
People’s Monday they call it at Wimbledon. And yes, it’s always known for being the best day for atmosphere.

Also look at the difference in atmosphere between a rugby league (working class) game and a rugby union (middle class) game.

I think there's a lot of truth in that but it's not quite so simple as that. For example, any individual can feel passionate about something, and on match day City is an overwhelmingly working class crowd and yet often quiet.

The Spurs game will be very loud, if we are in the game.....see Liverpool last season when ticket prices were similarly very high.

I think the Premier League should have a ticket price cap like they do for away fans. Do it across the board and I don't think it will hurt clubs too much, they will just adjust their huge costs accordingly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.