1894 Group: We need a big atmosphere next week v Spurs

JRB's points make you think in a period when City fans are buying tickets for Champions League quarter finals and FA Cup Finals.

I just looked at average salary for Manchester and London. £26k v £35k. https://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Location=London-England:-London/Salary

I don't think individual clubs are unilaterally going to reduce prices, but the Premier League should introduce a price cap. They did it for away fans which I think has worked well. Extend it now to all supporters, or require at the very least that 50% of match day tickets are prices at no more than £30.

Perhaps City should also think about revamping the Cup schemes. I think a lot of fans dropped out of them. Can they encourage people back into them?

City don't control FA Cup semi-final tickets and the turnout was good not bad. Historically our Cup crowds are twice where they were. Despite yearning to play at Wembley for decades we would rarely sell out quarter finals which were big games for City.
Lpool 88 as a div2 club we sold out

Everton replay 81 we sold out and then some

Spurs new stand game 93 we sold out

Hardly loads. There’s probably no more than 2000 left. Only significant availability is in 2 or 3 blocks of EL3, that block in the first tier between the family stand and the East Stand, and the opposite block between the family stand and the West Stand. Family Stand probably has no more than 150 tickets left and no more than a few hundred in SS3. It’s on sale to fans with a purchase history but they won’t put it on general sale because they want to stop Spurs fans buying in our end.
We’ll shift a fair few more over the next theee days, will be close to a sell out. I fully understand prices being a deterrent for people in fairness. We don’t have the ‘slack’ to be picked up by other fan bases.

We’ll shift a fair few more over the next theee days, will be close to a sell out. I fully understand prices being a deterrent for people in fairness. We don’t have the ‘slack’ to be picked up by other fan bases.
Well I'm not on the CL cup scheme but I am going.
As I am a right fat cvnt I will block two seats out, so we don't necessarily need more fans to fill the ground just fatter ones.

Well I'm not on the CL cup scheme but I am going.
As I am a right fat cvnt I will block two seats out, so we don't necessarily need more fans to fill the ground just fatter ones.
We don’t have the slack but some of us have the fat. Marvellous.

Every good drumless atmosphere is better than a drum lead atmosphere, hands down.

The drummer boy atmospheres consist of he same monotonous drum beat accompanied with the same lifeless droning “ooh woah Na Na Na la la la der der der oah woah” chants with no words.

Every time a set of fans has brought that to the Etihad I’ve been fed up of hearing it after five minutes of the game.

Give me the atmospheres we’ve had against United and Liverpool, the Chelsea 6-0, the first half of the United home game last season etc. over those boring bloody drum atmospheres every single time!

When City were new to being back in the European scene I used to wish for the Ultras style atmosphere at City. Now, after a decade of experience of it all, I am really not into the Ultras shite at all.

I find the drums annoying, the chants boring, the general atmospheres have no correlation to what’s actually going on in the game, half those Ultras don’t even watch the game as they are too busy facing the other way or doing some embarrassing choreographed clapping or dance, [I like flags and banners] but I find displays where everyone holds up some daft tin foil or bin bag a bit cheesy, and I think the silly £2.99 job lot t-shirts with heavy metal writing on them and stupid face masks they all wear are terrible... #nopyronoparty... no ta!

I feel really REALLY strongly about being anti-Ultra and hope we never ever have that sort of thing at City. I want to have a traditional English atmosphere where all the fans are involved in the game and belt out decent chants with words and no drums. It’s our culture, leave all that to the Europop drummer boys.

Casuals not Ultras... Traditional English Atmospheres!

All we need to do is be more pro-active and excitable in the stands. Just get involved more. Get more songs about City and not the players all the time so songs end up being mainstays for years and are ones that everyone can join in with in the stadium.

Did u hear PSG vs Liverpool it literally wasn’t boring or dull as everyone was passionately chanting and it was really loud and intimidating.
The chants with little words allows everyone to join in as u don’t need to learn any lyrics which a lot of our fans struggle to do and the fact that out fans can’t get past one verse of a chant as they stop after one. I think Paris SG is such a great chant, along with Allez PSG and Dortmunds Und wenn du das Spiel. I’d rather hear that than the constant monatone “never felt more like singing the blues”

The only drumless atmospheres are in England and they’re the worst in Europe, the European clubs with ultras, drums, etc are so much better as they’re loud, consistent and passionate. BvB, PSG, Ajax all have the best atmospheres in Europe.

If any f*cker brings a drum I will climb over everybody to get to him and stick it up his arse. The only thing that spoilt todays win against Palace was that constant banging. That is not atmosphere.

A comb and some greaseproof paper is however acceptable.

The club know what they are charging for season tickets and matchday tickets.

The club know the wealth demographics of our local fan base.

We’ve had this discussion a million times before since Sheikh Mansour bought the club.

The sole purpose of certain individuals at the club is to drive revenue, which includes matchday revenue.

We’ve been lagging behind the other top 5 clubs matchday revenue since Sheikh Mansour bought the club.

One of Soriano’s tasks was to increase that matchday revenue. He did it at Barcelona very successfully.

The club are targeting our day tripper, overseas, and tourist support, who will buy the most expensive tickets, and will probably splash the cash in the souvenir store, at the expense of local fans who can’t afford these ticket prices, and won’t buy anything in the souvenir store. In that sense we have become a United, etc.

Don’t forget, we’ve had 9 season ticket price rises in the last 10 season’s. The season that was frozen was down to the backlash from the fans over the CL ticket price. Can’t remember the fixture. Think it was Napoli?

The club has also price tiered blocks, so fans sat 1 row below, or 1 above each other, pay more or less for season tickets. Ridiculous!

It will be very interesting to see if Khaldoon, Soriano, and the other Directors agree to another season ticket and matchday ticket price increase next season. Because it has now reached the point, regardless of the Pep factor, where fans are voting with their feet and wallets. Another price rise should be unthinkable. A price freeze is a minimum. More affordable and cheaper season tickets and matchday tickets is now a must. Regardless of a limited number of cheap season tickets, we have become one of the most expensive clubs when it comes to matchday tickets. Our season tickets are still competitively priced.

With a new kit deal spanning the CFG clubs, all the new sponsorship deals the club has singed, the money flowing in from TV money(we are on TV for every remaining game), and the increase in prize money, and the general increase in revenue across the board, there is absolutely no excuse for any season ticket or matchday ticket price rises next season. (Is there Khaldoon, Soriano & Co)

Don’t hold your breath.
It’s alright them targeting these tourists, bu we are not Rags or Bin Dippers. We don’t have these tourists to take the place of fans who have been here through thin and thinner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.