Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great cameo today and a good finish for the goal. But no excuse for him being offside there, he got lucky. Needs to work on his composure in sitautions like these.

Should start on Wednesday. Did more in 15 minutes today then Aguero in 75 min.

Jesus is unable to displace a 30-year old striker. When starting - he's very good - but never seems to be a game changer.

For me - Jesus is the perfect backup striker for our side. Once Kun retires... we need someone much better than Jesus - someone capable of changing a game all on his own - of dragging our side to victory no matter the odds - one of the top 3 or 4 strikers in world football. Jesus so far in his career - is not of that ability.
He is not going to be a backup striker, he is biding his time and only reason hes not itching to move his because he knows hes got the top job in a couple seasons.

If he is on the market every single team in world football comes in for him, simple.

As for dragging his side to victory, he has bagged enough goals for us and back in Brazil for me to see hes got the ability. Give him the same run afforded to Aguero and we have already seen glimpses of the sort of goal scoring run he can put togther.

He is not going to be a backup striker, he is biding his time and only reason hes not itching to move his because he knows hes got the top job in a couple seasons.

If he is on the market every single team in world football comes in for him, simple.

As for dragging his side to victory, he has bagged enough goals for us and back in Brazil for me to see hes got the ability. Give him the same run afforded to Aguero and we have already seen glimpses of the sort of goal scoring run he can put togther.
I hope you're correct - Jesus could turn out to be a world beater. I'm not sold on this though.

Whether or not Jesus is destined for greatness, I think we need to sign a young, potential world-class striker soon, preferably in the next window, to put pressure on Jesus and Aguero to perform - and, if Jesus doesn't pan out, as another roll-of-the-dice towards signing a dominant striker.

Last edited:
I hope you're correct - Jesus could turn out to be a world beater. I'm not sold on this though.

Whether or not Jesus is destined for greatness, I think we need to sign a young, potential world-class striker soon, preferably in the next window, to put pressure on Jesus and Aguero to perform - and, if Jesus doesn't pan out, as another roll-of-the-dice towards signing a dominant striker.
I don't see any of the up and coming strikers coming here knowing full well they are back up and a year or two behind Jesus development, will be a tough sell to Werner, Jovic or someone like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.