1894 Group: We need a big atmosphere next week v Spurs

On the flip side, West Ham under Pearce we didn’t get close and we didn’t sell out Reading in 2011.
I had completely forgotten the West Ham game. Just googled it and it was a Monday night so maybe that explains it. By the 2000s though the fa cup had lost a lot of its lustre anyhow and pl clubs routinely got lower crowds for cup games than league games, even QFs

Payday today for a lot of us.

I’m in the cup schemes but there will be others who aren’t who’ve just been recovering financially from Wembley.

Hopefully everyone makes a good noise!

Fairplay to you for wanting to contribute but the whole thing is pointless. They don’t need focus groups and data samples they need common sense and understanding of people.

I disagree that it's pointless. It's easy enough saying that 'working class people are more likely to generate an atmosphere', but realistically, where is the proof in that? The club will be able to prove or disprove this after a few seasons by comparing what the fans thought of the atmosphere. They will analyze different games which were priced differently.

I think pricing plays a part, but I don't think it's as influential as what people think. Stadiums are more important, it's harder to generate an atmosphere in a 3 tiered athletics stadium compared to Spurs' new stadium with 17k in one stand. Kick off times and fixtures are important (night games always seem to be better than early KOs). Opposition is key. The games vs Liverpool and United this season were expensive, but comfortably the best atmospheres we've had so far.

I'd also argue that compared to other Premier League teams we are more affordable than most. Our season tickets are reasonably priced behind the goals. Cup tickets are usually cheap (although the latter stages of the UCL do get expensive, if you're a season ticket holder on the cup scheme they aren't too bad).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.