Spurs - CL 2nd Leg - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero is my big worry for this game, he was really off his game against Palace. He needs to start well on Wednesday.
Sane, Sterling and Kev will terrorise them though. Just need to convert the inevitable early chances. Need to be more clinical than they have been of late.

Just got a feeling Spuds are going to get battered on Wednesday , we have been playing in 2nd gear for a couple of months ,and i am reasonably sure Pep has been holding them back for the run in , looking at some of our players comments they are ready for the next ten games , if we are in the semi finals and have beaten Spuds & Rags in the league by the end of next week , the quadruple will not appear to be the pipe dream we were having few weeks ago.

Oh yes

Make no mistake this will be tough, Spurs know a draw will see them through and theyll play for it. They'll be hard to break down and they have a genuine threat upfront with the pace of Moura and/or Son, it's the tougest kind of opponent for our style. I wouldn't be surprised if Pep tried another big brain plan here, maybe even a back 5 to match what we will likely see from spurs I hope not though as I think our best chance is to play as we know best.just don't want to see mahrez anywhere near the team. Would add gundogan to that too but for different reasons, not because he's poor ut just because it will mean we won't see a trio from fernandinho kdb bernardo and silva.

Ederson
Danilo
Kompany
Laporte
Mendy
Fernandinho
Kdb
Bernardo
Sterling
Sane
Aguero.

We have the better team but Spurs are simply a very dangerous team. And CL gives a different approach. Under Pep we’ve l played Spurs enough for him to know how to handle them. Even if it’s CL.

Thing is dumping out of the CL could hurt our PL challenge. Going through could lift us even more. And I think we will go through by whatever way or scoreline.

Reading these posts and something more stands out, we arent considering Merlin at all. Has the dredded moment arrived where another (Bernado) has reached the point of taking over from the little spanish legend ?

He hasnt been at his usual level we are accustomed too of late, but Bernado has now cemented himself as a must starter is evident through this season

merlin is my fave of all time, we cant be at this point yet can we ! ?

I don't see KDB and Bernardo start as our AMs, they are both covering the right AM position.

David and Ilkay are our left AMs, one of them will start.

Depends a bit on Dinho being DM.

Reading these posts and something more stands out, we arent considering Merlin at all. Has the dredded moment arrived where another (Bernado) has reached the point of taking over from the little spanish legend ?

He hasnt been at his usual level we are accustomed too of late, but Bernado has now cemented himself as a must starter is evident through this season

merlin is my fave of all time, we cant be at this point yet can we ! ?
Looks that way mate, although Dave had his best game in months against Palace. Bernardo and Foden the future replacements for one of our best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.