Running thread

Cheers lads.
Just a amazing experience really.
Atmosphere and crowds were so good.

As for the run. Felt really good until about 21 mile mark. Which was later than expected.
Was torturers from then on and hammered my time.

But did it in 4:32 , 20 mins better than last time so happy with that.

Physically feel ok, got sunburnt and hangover feels worse.
Fantastic running mate. Glad you enjoyed it! Any more races on the horizon?

First run back tonight after a long lay off (best part of 3 years being a lazy b*start). Only 2 miles, but steady. I was f*cked afterwards, but I felt so much better for it.

At my peak, I was up to 40 mile weeks, and in hindsight I should have kept it up, but I got lazy, and now I'm starting from scratch.

Last edited:
First run back tonight after a long lay off (best part of 3 years being a lazy b*start). Only 2 miles, but steady. I was f*cked afterwards, but I felt so much better for it.

At my peak, I was up to 40 mile weeks, and in hindsight I should have kept it up, but I got lazy, and now I'm starting from scratch.
Well done pal. I’m in a similar position, done 4 runs in the last 7 days after doing nothing for a long time. Feel so much better for it already. Physically it will take time, but mentally it really sorts my head out.

Well done pal. I’m in a similar position, done 4 runs in the last 7 days after doing nothing for a long time. Feel so much better for it already. Physically it will take time, but mentally it really sorts my head out.
I've got a lot of stuff on a work, so it's great to just head out of the house and not think about anything other than trying to put one foot in front of the other.

I'm going again tomorrow, and I'm just going to try and build up time on my feet rather than distance. Yesterday I did just over 20 minutes, and tomorrow I will try for 25 minutes. The next run will be 30 minutes, and then I'll stick at that for a week or two until I'm comfortable. The distance should take care of itself. I hope to be back up to sub 25 minute 5k in 10 weeks or so.

My fastest 10k (race) was 43:45, but I'm 5 years older now.

I've got a lot of stuff on a work, so it's great to just head out of the house and not think about anything other than trying to put one foot in front of the other.

I'm going again tomorrow, and I'm just going to try and build up time on my feet rather than distance. Yesterday I did just over 20 minutes, and tomorrow I will try for 25 minutes. The next run will be 30 minutes, and then I'll stick at that for a week or two until I'm comfortable. The distance should take care of itself. I hope to be back up to sub 25 minute 5k in 10 weeks or so.

My fastest 10k (race) was 43:45, but I'm 5 years older now.

amazing 10k time that!

Anyone done any triathlons??

Doing Salford quays latter in the year and looking out for a place on the lakesman (half distance) if anyone ends up dropping out.

Have looked at doing the Slateman legend distance but not sure if it's coming too soon for my swim training so not going to book until last minute.

You booked on any?

Doing Salford quays latter in the year and looking out for a place on the lakesman (half distance) if anyone ends up dropping out.

Have looked at doing the Slateman legend distance but not sure if it's coming too soon for my swim training so not going to book until last minute.

You booked on any?

Just booked onto Brigg sprint (North Lincolnshire) for just over a weeks time. Not done one before, wondering about gear and stuff as I don’t really have the cash to get a trisuit really this month!

At least you gave your knees a rest..
I only do short runs now,and often mix them up with short sprints...all geared towards once a week five a side footy..and Tennis,..a great game for fitness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.