Spurs - CL 2nd Leg - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take going out of this CL farce,
To go on and Win PL and FA Cup.

That would shut Dippers and the media up!
Although all the headlines would only ever be about us not going further in CL.

RAM IT!

Think most of the supporters feel the same way. But, the club needs to win the CL, the players and Pep would (I imagine) prefer to win the CL as they (the players) haven’t won it before.
And while I agree with your sentiments I would also love to see Dave, Kun and Vinny lift that trophy before they move on.

Spurs will feel the full force of the greatest team these shores have ever seen. We are going to batter them from the first whistle to the last.
If City play as well as they did last year same stage vs Liverpool would be enough surely, even if the refs continue as usual.
Considering only have the one goal deficit to overcome this time.

Reading these posts and something more stands out, we arent considering Merlin at all. Has the dredded moment arrived where another (Bernado) has reached the point of taking over from the little spanish legend ?

He hasnt been at his usual level we are accustomed too of late, but Bernado has now cemented himself as a must starter is evident through this season

merlin is my fave of all time, we cant be at this point yet can we ! ?

It seems like a lot of our fans have reached that point, but Pep has not.

Dave has not been at his mesmerising best recently. He’s been playing too high up the pitch for me, he’s not involved enough.

When he drops deeper, like he did against West Ham in the 2nd half, teams just cannot live with him. He’s too good.

Even out of form, he’s still the best player in the country at controlling the pace of a game. I think that’s why Pep keeps faith in him.

Kev and Bernado can do things Dave can’t do. But he orchestrates the tempo better than anyone.

It seems like a lot of our fans have reached that point, but Pep has not.

Dave has not been at his mesmerising best recently. He’s been playing too high up the pitch for me, he’s not involved enough.

When he drops deeper, like he did against West Ham in the 2nd half, teams just cannot live with him. He’s too good.

Even out of form, he’s still the best player in the country at controlling the pace of a game. I think that’s why Pep keeps faith in him.

Kev and Bernado can do things Dave can’t do. But he orchestrates the tempo better than anyone.
I hear you and love the guy but he just doesn’t look sharp enough as of late. A bit too slow on the ball, taking an unnecessary extra touch at times.
We can’t really afford to gamble at the moment, if he can come in and do a sporadic job like Kompany, that would be great but he’s not in the ‘first 11’ for me currently and it may just be Father Time has caught up with him.

I hear you and love the guy but he just doesn’t look sharp enough as of late. A bit too slow on the ball, taking an unnecessary extra touch at times.
We can’t really afford to gamble at the moment, if he can come in and do a sporadic job like Kompany, that would be great but he’s not in the ‘first 11’ for me currently and it may just be Father Time has caught up with him.

Don't think he expected to play as much this season, but with KDB injured, his workload increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.