Players who might improve us

Son plays as an inside forward. He couldn't do what Sané does for us out on the lines of the field, or what Bernardo does carving infield and dropping deep or Jesus and Aguero do leading the line. He'd do exactly what Sterling does, less effectively, hence the money would be better spent on a holding mid or left back. Mahrez has done well, but we didn't really need him so people are underwhelmed. Son would be no better. If we were going to sign another forward (which I wouldn't) we'd be better off getting someone who could play out and out wide on the right hand side as Sané does on the left, to balance the team when Sterling or Jesus plays on the left.

Look at the players people aren't happy with, Delph, Danilo (to an extent), Otamendi, Gundogan, Mahrez. They're all by and large players that don't bring much extra to the team when they play, aren't first choice and don't play in positions where we're weak, bar Delph at left back when he's the weakness.

He plays most if his games on the left.
Also you don't buy players that are carbon copies of what you already have. You wouldn't want him to do what the others do.

Also im not saying we should buy him i just dont understand your qualm in what would be replacing an out and out right winger with someone who could play left and right wing, as the striker or off the striker and at cam. Like what's your hypothetical issue, the money? You know our budget?

He plays most if his games on the left.
Also you don't buy players that are carbon copies of what you already have. You wouldn't want him to do what the others do.

Also im not saying we should buy him i just dont understand your qualm in what would be replacing an out and out right winger with someone who could play left and right wing, as the striker or off the striker and at cam. Like what's your hypothetical issue, the money? You know our budget?
Mahrez isn't an out and out right winger is he?
I don't need to know our budget to know it's limited.

He’s apparently a bit of a weapon but could do much worse than Rabiot on a free if Gundogan is leaving (assuming he doesn’t upset the wage structure). Laporte doesn’t get in the France team so maybe the manager’s comments aren’t necessarily correct.

If gundogan leaves , we need CM. Foden will replace David Silva not gundogan.
Brais Mendez has a release clause of 25 million euro. The best u23 player at the world who doesn't cost 70 or 80 million.

6 goals and 7 assists at 2153 mins (27 games ) at la Liga , goal involvement every 165 mins. That's the level of our CMs this year.

Vision , one touch passes , long passes , he can shoot very good, he press like crazy. A complete midfielder and perfect for that role, the same as gundogan has at the team .
84824a22abe96b5aa66906eff7a59a95.jpg
fb8ee7d8243150315d88031f67bb2e94.jpg
08640a6b22e620ef0647692e9b60a134.jpg

Though he is near the end of his career... I'd take a punt on Sebastian Giovinco assuming that transfer fees/salary worked out.

If gundogan leaves , we need CM. Foden will replace David Silva not gundogan.
Brais Mendez has a release clause of 25 million euro. The best u23 player at the world who doesn't cost 70 or 80 million.

6 goals and 7 assists at 2153 mins (27 games ) at la Liga , goal involvement every 165 mins. That's the level of our CMs this year.

Vision , one touch passes , long passes , he can shoot very good, he press like crazy. A complete midfielder and perfect for that role, the same as gundogan has at the team .
84824a22abe96b5aa66906eff7a59a95.jpg
fb8ee7d8243150315d88031f67bb2e94.jpg
08640a6b22e620ef0647692e9b60a134.jpg
Great evidence based post!

The only thing I would add, though, is that if you are aware of these metrics, and I am aware of them, you can be sure Celta Vigo are aware of them, and it is very unlikely he will go for a cutrate price in the current market (<60 million).

If you need evidence for my claim, check to see how much we paid for Nolito or how much Chelsea paid for Pulisic.

Great evidence based post!

The only thing I would add, though, is that if you are aware of these metrics, and I am aware of them, you can be sure Celta Vigo are aware of them, and it is very unlikely he will go for a cutrate price in the current market (<60 million).

If you need evidence for my claim, check to see how much we paid for Nolito or how much Chelsea paid for Pulisic.
He has a release clause of 25m euro. We pay it , we get him , if he wanna come to City .
If he doesn't renew and Celta put him a much higher price at his contract, this release clause remains. And it's not just a bargain for this money. It's more than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.