Antoine Griezmann

If Griezmann is available and is willing to join us for a reasonable salary - then we'd be foolish not to sign him.

Griezmann is enormously talented - among the best strikers in world football. That's obvious.

Perhaps his personality/work-ethic might come into question. If Pep deems these issues a bridge too far - than so be it.

But - assuming that Pep and our management is willing to give Griezmann a go - and assuming that Griezmann will transfer to us for a reasonable price - then what's to lose? The guy is obviously world-class and, IMO, exactly fits our side.

3rd highest paid player in the world with a release clause over £100m who is already 28. Can't see it myself.

3rd highest paid player in the world with a release clause over £100m who is already 28. Can't see it myself.
Yet dissatisfied with his club - and willing to take reduced salary to join another side.

Not a shoe-in... but, IMO, worth pursuing.

We might as well approach him if he wants a move. I think he would flourish in a Pep team, as long as he knows even our best players have to press and work hard all game.

As reported by sport media - by reliable sources.

The only source I can seem to find is by Mundo Deportivo and it claims he's willing to reduce his salary to join Barcelona. And that's a Catalan media outlet.

I don't think we'll even go for him, but how do you suggest we fit him, Aguero, Sane, and Sterling into the same forward line whilst also trying to give game time to Jesus and Mahrez? I'll give you that he's a great player, but the money and logistics make absolutely zero sense.

Rumours of this transfer restarted a few months ago but I figured there was nothing to it, now it looks like this is indeed happening. Like others have mentioned, I recognize how talented he is but he rebuffed Barcelona once already and will still be a wage issue despite willing to accept less for the move to happen.

Most importantly however is fit, where does he play? He doesn't want to play winger any longer and otherwise plays in the same space as Leo. Feels like a Coutinho square peg in a round hole but at least Griezmann will no doubt provide plenty of goals. I have watched him since he was at La Real and has always been a quality player

Rumours of this transfer restarted a few months ago but I figured there was nothing to it, now it looks like this is indeed happening. Like others have mentioned, I recognize how talented he is but he rebuffed Barcelona once already and will still be a wage issue despite willing to take accept less for the move to happen.

Most importantly however is fit, where does he play? He doesn't want to play winger any longer and otherwise plays in the same space as Leo. Feels like a Coutinho square peg in a round hole but at least Griezmann will no doubt provide plenty of goals. I have watched him since he was at La Real and has always been a quality player
He's signed officially. €125m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.