Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Gutted but never thought thought the quad was likely but certainly think the treble is doable. I do think we would not get a fair crack of the whip in the semi or final so the CL was always going to be the most difficult.

I do think we are now more likely to win the league as it is just one game a week, pretty much. Dust ourselves down and use this to propel us to the league title.

Gutted.

Just hope this doesn't effect the game on Saturday.

Will be hard for the players to pick themselves up for it.

Don’t know what to say, feel totally empty. What a job he has getting that squad ready for the weekend. Against anyone else it might be impossible but doubt they’ll have too much appetite for another fight. Fcuk UEFA and the CL, this result only becomes a disaster if we don’t win on Saturday.

Champions league is gone, whatever the reason, poor VAR decisions, conceding 3 goals at home, playing poorly in the first leg, wrong team selection, we move on.

Most important thing now is to get the focus back and not dwell on what might have been. Beat Spurs on Saturday and United next week, get on top of the league and then win it!

Can see this having a longer term effect on things as it's known that we have a decent number of fans who already have distaste for CL, and believe in conspiracy's against us and this just fuels that further.

In order to keep top players you need to be seen as one who gets CL, not any domestic treble. They don't give a care about that.

We have some players already looking to possibly go in Leroy and Gundo and I think this might settle it for at least Leroy, even if he doesn't track back enough.

Pep's approach leaves us vulnerable here at this level as teams get better because they know what he wants to do, and just wait for their chances on the counter where the talent is good enough and we seem to have mentality problems.

I think some of that comes from the changes to the back 4 that are constant. Yes, injuries are partially to blame, but our 2 centre halves change all of the time. Are there any top clubs or even good clubs that do so as frequently? Our depth there, as well as the injury records of Kompany and lately Stones, plus concerns about Nico leaving combined with Vinny's age, needs for Pep's system, his emphasis on a happy dressing room and a possible transfer ban lead him to possibly let such a rotation go on.

Kev, Raz and Bernardo were immense, but it wasn't enough.

3 goals at home is a sad thing to ignore over very borderline VAR decisions had they gone either way. Both went against us, but I don't think it was a conspiracy.

I can't blame Sane if he wants to leave as Pep never gives him a start, and he is a fantastic talent. I don't care if Gundogan leaves, I've never rated him, but for some reason Pep loves him.

I can't be critical of us tonight, we gave it our best shot and played the occasion well, my only disappointment from tonight was as soon as we finally took the advantage in the tie we changed our game and allowed spurs a chance to come back into it when we had our foot on their necks and should have gone for the jugular and finished the tie with another goal that was there for us at the time if we wanted. The tie was lost in the first leg with that horrific decision from Pep to play the team and the tactics he did.

Little bit worried about Saturday now, that was heartbreaking for everyone from the fans to the players so its going to take a monumental effort for the team to pick themselves up both physically and mentally and do what's needed to get the 3 points. We can't afford a slump, it's now a case of all our eggs in the league basket, 5 wins and nothing less is acceptable otherwise for all the great football we've seen this season, it will be a failure. Fans need to play their part and replicate even half the oise we heard tonight

Fine margins win or lose games. The perfectly timed Fernandinho tackle was given as a foul and ultimately led to them going up for the two corners. We can blame decisions, VAR etc but the simple fact remains that the 1st leg and the shite defending tonight cost us the tie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.