Var debate 2019/20

Blame VAR, blame referee, blame dodgy linesman. Always the same. Couldn't even beat Tottenham over 2 legs, truly shocking. Best chance of a Champions League win come and gone with the mighty strong Schalke, Tottenham and Ajax standing in the way. Yet again a ton of goals conceded, really am disappointed.
Tbf we didn’t lose. The away goal rule from 1600 is why we’re out

The biggest issue with var, like tonight, is watching it in TV as i had to tonight, the tv cameras show it at multiple angles instantly.

The tv cameras show the ref watching tv screen that shows it from one angle ( but that angle also shows signs of the arm being hit by the ball)

The ref from what i remember wasnt even sure when he finished watching it

Thats the issue
They didn’t even show him the angle behind goal that showed it hit his hand. UEFA can fuck off

I'm not a fan of VAR and as tonight shows it won't settle many arguments

For me I'd have been fuming if the handball goal had been ruled out for us. I'm not sure about the offside TBH - I'm not convinced it was offside the moment the ball was touched and technology/frame rates on videos have to be perfect to give marginal calls like that.

I’m exactly the same opinion as you.

Nobody slows the frame to the deflection of Bernardo as it was actually a back pass from Erikson.

If we’re really desperate to get every decision right why don’t we leave the result til the following day, and a team of “experts” can analyse tiny decision overnight and tell us the score and who got booked. Let’s truly get rid of all the spontaneity none of this half hearted stuff
Agree with you,it would be like F1 see who wins then 3 hours later the stewards then tell you who really won

I hate VAR. It got the decisions correct tonight, but still spoils the atmosphere of the match. You don't know whether to celebrate a goal or not anymore.
I prefer the old way when the ref got decisions wrong occasionally, at least it was spontaneous.

Fuck me, it has to be intentional handball. It wasn’t. VAR and the ref made the right decisions tonight. Unfortunate for us

Have always been pro VAR buck it can fuck off after that.

Was a hand ball all day long, the ref shrugs in a I have no idea way , so what's the fucking point?
Sergio was offside, maybe just but if the benefit went to spurs for the 3rd thwn it should have gone for us for the 5th.

But as a fan, if VAR stops some (not all) mistakes at the expence of that feelign every fan on the ground had at sterlings 3rd, well fuck it, would rather have mistakes and the euphoria of the momment.
This. VAR is killing the excitement. I’d be ok with wrong decisions since they still seem to be making wrong decisions with VAR anyway. So many opinion calls in this game make it nearly impossible to make everyone happy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.