Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Awful team selection/ performance in the first leg cost us. Additionally cannot afford to concede 3 goals at home and win in what is a corrupt competition. We need to dig deep for the remaining games and make sure we win every match. The league is ours then. I remember years ago when our season was over in the first week of January. We’re still on for a treble and if we pull that off it will of been a truly incredible season.

Laporte bottled the occasion and Ederson was poor. David Silva is declining at an alarming rate now, which is sad to see.

Ederson came and flapped at the first corner before the second one from the other side went in.

I thought the rest of the lads were bloody brilliant and very proud they got a deserved victory on the night.

Walker had another good game.

I'm obviously confused as to the handball rule?

It undoubtedly hit his arm. It's irrefutable. If you can score from an unintentional hand ball...then it's a goal. If you can't, it should have been ruled out.

What do our resident refs say?
You can’t according to the new rules UEFA implemented this season.

We’ve been had again.

Cheers. That's what I thought, but I was surprised to see so many blues saying it was the right call?

Fu#ked again then. Carry on

Gundogan and Mendy, dear oh dear. If we’re to win on Saturday these two can’t play. Not having a go at them, would never boo them, would never go OTT but they aren’t good enough based on the players that are on the sidelines or formations we can move to.
Thought they both played well today, especially gundogan.

The offside rule needs to be changed to favour the attacking team. IT used to be the benefit was given to the attacking team but obviously not now when a toe or a bootlace in front is considered offside. Clear daylight between last man and attacker should be offside.

Also somone earlier stated this is the last year of away goals? This too!

I don’t think I will sleep tonight after that.

I have been to some games over my life but fuck me what a tremendous game that was.

We are the architects of our own downfall at times, especially in this competition but it was a fantastic effort from both sets of players.

We had some players who I thought were Magnificent. De Bruyne, Bernardo and of course Sterling. For them Son made the difference.

On the flip side Laporte was horrendous, Ederson should have done better and I don’t think Kun made the right choices at times and his passing was poor. All three of our goals conceded and the one last week were all preventable and poor. Our goals were well worked.

For me the first game result was always going to be risky. We were way too negative. We showed tonight how bad they are defensively and we were too cautious last week. It cost us.

Still we won the game and if we cut out these stupid errors we will win Saturday.

Edit: and you mate, hope you’re ok as well.

I’ve sent this:

“Hi Pop, I love and adore you but you’re recovering from a major operation and have a stress ulcer. I’ve spent an hour going backwards and forwards on this but I can’t in good conscience let you watch that game. We lose the tie and go out of the cup on away goals having finished 4-3 on the night.

The reason I have to tell you is because we think we score a 94th winner but it gets ruled out by VAR a minute later after everyone has jumped around celebrating. It’s probably the cruelest thing I’ve experienced as a City fan (relegations included) and I was nearly in tears myself. The thought of you going through that same range of emotions physically hurts my heart and makes me feel sick. I hope you can forgive me for ruining the game but I’d rather tell you and ruin it for you via text than let you go through that same experience. The boys were brilliant and I’m so proud of them, we did everything and thought we’d gone through but we just didn’t quite manage it. Sorry again for trying to ruin it, I posted the situation on the Bluemoon forum and every single reply said I should tell you, as did Poddy.

I’m really not trying to be a kill joy or moddy coddle you, but if the roles were reversed, I would genuinely rather have been told than go through it in ‘real time’ on record and I say that honestly, it was a horribly cruel way to go out. I love you very much and I hope you’re still speaking to me. Xx”

Spot on mate. Perfect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.