Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Over two legs we were crap. Deserved what we got. Shame, but we screwed it in the first leg. Barcelona go on to win it. Hopefully. Unless it's Ajax! Just concentrate on the league. We do not need the Dippers winning that.

3 goals at home not acceptable. Laporte made 2 huge mistakes for their first 2 goals and Kompany should have got his head on their corner for the Lorente goal. 3 very poor mistakes from professionals who should know better and the fact that our back 4 has been changed so much throughout the season. IMO, I think this result will entirely crush the players and can see mistakes coming in the next 2 games that will scupper the premiership. I hope I am wrong, but this was a truly terrible result psychologically.
And can someone please tell me Gundo started, despite Fern being fit. Gundo was shite tonight - apart from 1 good pass. He seems incapable of finding space for himself and cannot defend. He also seems to be incapable of making a shot on target.

Over two legs we were crap. Deserved what we got. Shame, but we screwed it in the first leg. Barcelona go on to win it. Hopefully. Unless it's Ajax! Just concentrate on the league. We do not need the Dippers winning that.

Absolute bollocks, did you watch the game?????

Laporte bottled the occasion and Ederson was poor. David Silva is declining at an alarming rate now, which is sad to see.

Ederson came and flapped at the first corner before the second one from the other side went in.

I thought the rest of the lads were bloody brilliant and very proud they got a deserved victory on the night.

Walker had another good game.
Ederson questionable for 3 of Spurs goal in the tie.

This is it I thought it was only going to be used for clear errors. That was so marginal it should have stood. It is going to kill the game I'm afraid.

It’s ok if it’s used as intended. But it has to be clear so people go fair enough rather than feeling it could be wrong depending on when you stop the tape and the angle you look at.

The guy that’s overruled that should be ashamed. I’m not saying he’s wrong or right but he doesn’t know for sure and neither do we.

Yes two soft goals over both legs. Laporte was dreadful and at fault for all three goals. There was a bit of play after but his weak attempt at losing a header he was favourite for started it all. Not sure if he was looking to cover for Mendy which is why he was so error strewn but that was his worst game for us. Sadly David Silva should no longer be first choice either, incredible how quickly he has waned.
Silva has been on the wane for some time now.I called it two years ago.yes he came back with a purple patch..but sentiment in football is a dangerous game to play.
We have a goal scoring midfielder who is itching to play and,imo,would not have been over rawed...who knows what might have been with his youth vitality confidence and runs with the ball at his feet from midfield, opening up play like Kdb did.Taking Silva off with so much time left shows there is a real problem ...
Pep is there to forsee such problems. .and nip them in the bud.

You could also say what bottle to come back from 2-1 down and on the verge of going out.

City are extraordinary. We won tonight and lost it in the 1st leg where we didn't play. Pep felt it was too big a risk that night given our physical condition.

We are in a weaker physical and mental condition now. On the ropes but within a week, we might be glad of this perverse as that might sound. Get through the next two games, and we'll be 100% focused with no distractions. Two Cup Finals ahead. Win those and it becomes doable.

I never really thought we could win the Champions League. We had too much on our plate.
And tbf ..Pep has always said how difficult it is to win it.

Just watched the highlights and I think I'm more gutted now than I was at the game. Maybe it's just sunk in seeing Pep and the players celebrate knowing it's all going to be taken away... It was a difficult watch.

I haven't felt this bad after a game in a long time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.