Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Many posters seem to think the League and FA Cup is a foregone conclusion and that the Champs League was a bridge too far?

We would have had less games to win a Champs League than a PL title. One of the teams we need to beat in our remaining PL games has just knocked us out of the CL. Not to mention we have United away.

Awful to go out like that tonight with the “drama” of certain decisions and timing of them. I know how gutted I am....just wonder what impact that match tonight will have on these players. Confidence must be totally shot. It’s not the first time we have missed out in a big game/tie in the last few seasons.

It saddens me to see “fans” having to blame individual players. It was one of those ties where, 8 times out of 10 we would go through with that kind of performance. It was the team that didn’t get the job done, those that are being blamed have made mistakes this season but it’s a game whereby it’s almost impossible to play perfect football. It was a great match tonight, I’m gutted, really gutted but I am not blaming any individuals.

I’m just proud that I get to see games like this... margins, obviously but to be involved in that is why I fell in love with football. Drama, highs and lows and all experiences with my old man at my side.... how far we have travelled, disappointment at coming up short in a European quarters rather than feeling shit and coming up short at a tedious promotion.... a monumental effort from the boys, extremely proud!!
It really is a wierd feeling.
Watched it in a pub full of mainly Spurs fans. Walked out as soon as the final whistle went because I could hear the bastards beginning to chuckle and snigger. As soon as I walked out on the street I didn't feel as gutted as I did inside the pub and I haven't felt as gutted as I probably should have been feeling since.
Can't weigh up my own feelings but it's probably got a lot to do with what you have posted.

Did the linesman flag before the decision went to VAR for the offside goal, couldn't see as I almost had a seizure then had to sit back in me seat before I collapsed
No flag, no appeal from Spurs, the ref gave the goal, everybody celebrated. It was over a minute later before I realised it was being reviewed.

No room for sentiment. It's football.
Liverpool used to ruthlessly replace any one of their top players when they ruled the roost year in year out.
No doubting the man's talent and benefit over the years.but he should never have been selected tonight.not in a million years.

I agree, not at the level we are at now. It is a gutter and boy are we going to miss his magic.

I absolutely agree we mostly did it to ourselves, via one players mistakes — and my full minute of uncontrollable screaming when Raheem put it in, followed by about 15 minutes of silent, bewildered glazed eyes after they ruled it offside (over inches—and feet—always seemingly given to Liverpool) has me gutted, hence the time need to calm down.

But, ultimately, I do not see anything that match to be ashamed of or generally unhappy with, excepting Eric’s performance, but he been our best defender all season, so one ‘mare should not turn us against him (we’re not Dippers, after all).

I suppose I just want to be supremely disappointed for a few days, then move on to the treble, the same as I hope for our team.

Hope you and your son are on the mend — just remember, we’ve seen much worse, blue!
you ain't wrong there old chap....After the 5th went in I couldn't face the prospect of watching the last 2 minutes so I headed downstairs to the loo...not realising there was a VAR review...then heard my son howling...comes back upstairs and felt sick.
Always next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.