Var debate 2019/20

It was finished when Anthony Taylor listened in his earpiece 2 yrs ago and still no one knows who to...no var in place ....against Chelsea.changed his mind from red to yellow card...no explanation. No logic.... That's what opened my eyes .still don't know who controls the games ..now.no fucking idea.could be a spurs fan operating var tonite.no one knows.
Most don't care either.that's what's so sad about the modern game.
100%, very very dodgy , in fact I was close to packing it in then , I got talked round , not this time though , the game has changed forever with VAR , it’ll be even more corrupt next season & I won’t pay for the privilege of being background noise in a corographed TV sport.

From next year
No next year the changes is all about the defending side. They are going to remove the context deliberately or not. Every defending action which results in a hand ball is going to be penalised. But Llorente was not defending but attacking. And in that case it's never been allowed to score a hand ball even unintentionally. That's what you and some others don't seems to get.

Last edited:
100%, very very dodgy , in fact I was close to packing it in then , I got talked round , not this time though , the game has changed forever with VAR , it’ll be even more corrupt next season & I won’t pay for the privilege of being background noise in a corographed TV sport.
Exactly the way I thought two years ago mate.Once the penny had dropped re refs..pigmol Leicester city etc etc...it's very hard to justify the outlay ...all you are doing is watching pre ordained managed games...if we hadn't been such a talented team we would not hv been able to battle to so much success in the face of blatant biased Ref decisions.
There are still posters on here who ,in the prem league,with no var,have still not worked out the outrageous outside control of a mysterious Mr x who now runs football...who are the refs talking to? What's the point of concentrating on where refs are from and who they support to ensure fair allocation of matches..when we don't fucking know who tells them what to do in their ear peice.?
Well played Spurs tonite by the way.

May have already been mentioned but, my feeling is the call was dodgy/incorrect. Eriksen plays the ball against Bernardo. Bernardo didn't "play the ball". So Eriksen played the backpass and it takes a deflection off Bernardo on its way to Aguero. So the pass is played by Eriksen from which Aguero can't be offside. It shouldn't be relevant that it deflected off another attacking player unless he deliberately intended to play the ball, which I don't believe Bernardo did from the footage.

The goal should not have been overturned and we should not have been denied that dream moment.

I’m 90% certain that is not the rule. If the ball ricocheted off Bernardo to Sergio and he’s stood offside.... then he’s offside

VAR got it right let’s be honest.
Laporte fucked up for all 3 of the goals
That was where we lost it not VAR
By the way I like Laporte he’s been one of our best players this season but bad night tonight
Kompany fucked up for the Llorente goal. No way he shouldn't be getting his head on it , he literally ducked under the ball. Hate to have a go at Vinny he is a club legend but he should be clearing that with his head.

I looked up the rule ad it covers situations where the ball "touches" a player, rather than them passing it. So, letter of the law, offside if (and I mean IF!) Serg was offside at the point the ball flicked off Bernie. I don't think it was. Goal for me!
That’s only when it’s come off an opposition player, not a teammate. In this case the offside starts from the point Bernardo touches it.

It’s really, really close but it is offside.

Kompany fucked up for the Llorente goal. No way he shouldn't be getting his head on it , he literally ducked under the ball. Hate to have a go at Vinny he is a club legend but he should be clearing that with his head.
Only because it took a slight touch off Walker.

Nope. The refs are saying if he scores the goal with his hand, deliberately or not, it's not a goal. But are also saying he has not scored the ball with his hand. It maybe or probably touched his hand, but very slightly and that touch didn't send the ball to the goal. It was the slightest of the touches that didn't change anything in the outcome of where the ball ended. That's the difference some of you don't want to see.
Didn't Aguero get a goal like that called off a few years ago?

Only because it took a slight touch off Walker.
Lots of if onlys! No-one blocked Llorente’s run which started at the back post. He ran past all our defenders. And there is an angle that clearly shows the ball deflecting off his elbow. Watching the pictures shown to the ref he wasn’t shown that angle. We’re out but what an effort; mistakes cost us the goals but let’s not forget we did win on the night and we go again on Saturday. Still a lot to play for. COYB

Lots of if onlys! No-one blocked Llorente’s run which started at the back post. He ran past all our defenders. And there is an angle that clearly shows the ball deflecting off his elbow. Watching the pictures shown to the ref he wasn’t shown that angle. We’re out but what an effort; mistakes cost us the goals but let’s not forget we did win on the night and we go again on Saturday. Still a lot to play for. COYB

I was talking about why Kompany didn’t head it clear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.