Var debate 2019/20

That’s the one thing for me, I’m not bothered about whether it was handball or whether it was offside...

I’m just bothered about the natural elation of it being a goal when the ball hits the net. That’s the one thing that makes football special. Rugby is a good game but running into a huge end zone and putting the ball down doesn’t have the same feeling that seeing the ball hit the net in football. I’ve been wishing for VAR for years but never experienced it to realise that what makes footy special is in danger of being taken away.

Having to hold back celebrating goals isn’t right. There’s no better feeling than a goal going into the net. That’s where the stresses of life are forgotten about, in that very moment.

yup and why i am considering binning it all after 35+yrs

The nonsense from Lineker and Hoddle on BT last night was pathetic.

I'm no fan of The Camel Gob but even he was trying to say he thought it was handball, Lineker wouldn't let him get a word in and went straight to that loony Hoddle who was just rambling shit in the corner.

I've just emailed BT Sport to complain about Linekers bias in the post match analysis last night.

He's an unprofessional twat, even Rat Boy makes a better effort to be even handed during his punditry.

If you’re saying that ball has already hit Bernardo in that still (which is the rule - when the ball is played) then the ball is clearly going in the wrong direction.

The ball lands with Aguero so how on earth can you say that is the correct still? The laws of physics make that still redundant, maybe by a hundredth of a second but when Aguero and the defenders are moving in opposite directions it can be the difference.

In reality, it’s impossible without the VR 360 degree cameras to highlight the exact moment the ball came off Bernardo so I actually don’t mind it being ruled out. However the image you, VAR and the media are trying to use as proof he’s offside is absolute 100% bollocks and physically impossible to use as proof.

I don't understand what you mean by the first two parts.

The last part it your opinion, and I disagree with it. "Trying to use as proof" I believe is "proved" in this case.

The nonsense from Lineker and Hoddle on BT last night was pathetic.

I'm no fan of The Camel Gob but even he was trying to say he thought it was handball, Lineker wouldn't let him get a word in and went straight to that loony Hoddle who was just rambling shit in the corner.

I've just emailed BT Sport to complain about Linekers bias in the post match analysis last night.

He's an unprofessional twat, even Rat Boy makes a better effort to be even handed during his punditry.
Yeah, he was making the perfect observation that you can even see Llorente’s skin ripple from the impact of the ball hitting his arm, but they just laughed it off saying “the rules of football don’t state anything about skin moving”, as if that means anything whatsoever. Lineker is a dick.

Yes, where have you been all your football watching life? The ball can hit your hand and it not be hand ball.

It's been explained to you soooo many times. If the arm is used in the commission of scoring a goal the goal is disallowed. It doesn't matter if it's accidental. It's not a goal. It's a UEFA directive.

It's been explained to you soooo many times. If the arm is used in the commission of scoring a goal the goal is disallowed. It doesn't matter if it's accidental. It's not a goal. It's a UEFA directive.
But do they have to decide whether the contact was sufficient to contribute to scoring the goal? Let's say it glances someone's arm but it would have gone in anyway?

The problem with VAR reminds me of a period a few seasons ago when we were going through a period of quite a lot of bad decisions and disallowed goals (hard to imagine, I know). I found myself reigning in my celebrations because I wasn't sure if it would be disallowed. It kinda kills the moment. But ultimately, I'd still rather have that and get the right decisions than the alternative.

I don't understand what you mean by the first two parts.

The last part it your opinion, and I disagree with it. "Trying to use as proof" I believe is "proved" in this case.
The ball hits Bernardo on his right shin (the left shin as we’re looking it the image) agreed?

The image “as we’re looking it” shows the ball to the right of Bernardo’s left shin agreed?

Aguero is to Bernardo’s left “as we’re looking at it”, agreed?

If as you’re saying the ball has already hit Bernardo (been played), the ball could only be going back towards Eriksen agreed?

However the ball travels towards Aguero, so it’s physically impossible that the ball has already hit Bernardo at that exact moment in the image you are claiming to be proven.

Everyone seems in agreement that the ball did touch Llorente's arm, and the ball then hit his hip and went in. The interpretation seems to be on did he score with his arm, some are saying he scored with his hip and so not his arm, others are saying the goal scoring act included the ball hitting his arm and so it should be disallowed.

The thing that i can't get my head around is why the referee only appears to have been shown one angle of the incident, and that is the angle from which the arm contact cannot be seen. Surely the referee would know that there are multiple angles that the incident can be seen from and he should be asking to see all available angles. I know its a different sport but in Rugby Union when there are reviews we can here what the referee is saying, and they ask for any other angles that are available, and will move on to the next angle once they are satisfied that they have seen all the information that they can gather.

If the referee had seen all available angles and still came to the same conclusion it would be a bit easier to take, to be told he didn't see the angle clearly showing the arm contact is baffling as i think a European referee would have ruled that out had he seen it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.