Next season it’s time to admit

Very few English teams win both the CL and the league. It's more a choice between those two, probably.
I'd go so far as to say no English team has ever done anything but fluked their way to the CL title. The rags in 1999 is the only time that an English team hasn't won it on penalties and even then, it was a definite smash and grab job against a superior team. Nobody has ever won it as comfortably as Real, Barca or Bayern Munich have in the past, even when they've probably been the best team in Europe.

Doesn't really follow that throwing the cups means you're successful later on. We should absolutely try and win everything going, we're not shithouses like the scousers. We were a missed pen or a handball away from the semi-finals.

Would anyone be happy with just winning the League cup and F.A. cup?
It depends how we lose the other two. If we put in maximum effort, play really well and things just don't go for us, or we're honestly beaten by a better team, then I don't have a problem. If we throw it away ourselves by playing sub-par for large parts of a competition, then I'd be pissed off. Last night was shit, but I'm delighted with our season so far. And obviously it's worth mentioning that we haven't won the FA Cup yet.

Nope we show all competitions respect, always prioratise the league with any other pot as a bonus to any season, bit we never should devalue them like the sky 4 ****s have over the years

Even if you are of the mindset that you can't fully go for all four, it's such an extreme reaction to say we should play only kids in the cups. We have a big squad. No reason why we can't put out 7 or so senior players in the cups along with a few youngsters.

Very few English teams win both the CL and the league. It's more a choice between those two, probably.
Liverpool might this year and they went out first round in both domestic cups. I don’t think the choice is between the PL and CL. As the poster said, these two competitions should be the ones to focus on and not the domestic cups. Whether we like it or not, the order of achievement is PL or CL first followed by FAC followed by LC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.