Var debate 2019/20

Spurs fan in peace.

Firstly, I think your players were absolutely amazing last night. You were the better team and probably should have won.

On the flip side, we do not have your resources, and had our star man missing. We only had 2 fit centre midfielders (although Wanyama is barely fit at all), and one of those went off injured.

Our players showed amazing fight and spirit to even compete against you.

It is a crying shame that some of your fans wish to solely blame VAR. If you were on the other side of those decisions you wouldn’t be seeing things this way.

OK, so if it brushed Llorente’s arm, was his arm in an unnatural position? That is the current rule. You were happy to get a penalty for Rose’s block? The goal was given, and I cannot say there was a ‘clear and obvious error’ to overturn it. Most angles are not even conclusive!

The offside was offside. This is a line decision. It can’t be disputed.

I feel like your old school fans are taking it like men, but maybe the new fans you have attracted are the ones who sound like the victimised Scousers.

Your team is amazing and you lost a really tight game. Be proud. Don’t just blame VAR and UEFA - you are a better club than that.

Well done on your victory and good luck.
As fans we have to accept things that won't go our way at times.
I've nothing against spurs and no animosity.
Well done.

Just some info in Australia we have had a version of VAR called the bunker. It adjudicates on rugby league and was brought in to cut out those glaring and obvious mistakes made( sound familiar?)
In the two years we have had if it has grow. To be an integral part of the game (sponsored by KFC) so obviously takes a minute of Dj do we can get the ad. But worst if all, now they use ou for everything, slow motion, every angle but basically now looking for a reason to deny a try.
Even then they get it wrong... this will happen with football in the epl.looking for a reason to deny a goal, replaying everything slower and slower until it is unnatural.
It is a blight on the game because, let’s face it , we are talking about errors by the VAR review whereas in olden days we talked about refs errors, so what has changed.
It won’t happen, but I say get rid of it, it will be a moneymaker got tv sponsorship and slow the game down.And often get it wrong

Last year done by no VAR being available. This year done by VAR being available but in the case of the handball not being used to give the ref all the angles. The one he doesn’t see CLEARLY shows the ball, not skimming the elbow, but being deflected onto the hip by the elbow. Who made the decision not to show that angle? The VAR official must have thought it was handball to have directed him to look at it so why did he not ensure he saw it?
That said, lets not forget that on the night, we won and the same match result on Saturday will see our quest for a domestic treble still be in our own hands. We move on - and I for one was proud of everyone and everything City last night!

That`s just bullshit. On TV you could see that the ref was NOT shown the angle behind the goal that showed it hit Llorente`s arm. How the fuck can they actually claim that all angles were made available for the ref, when everyone could see it wasn`t? UEFA are some corrupt fuckers. I wouldn`t be arsed at all if we were banned from this joke competition

Also did they show that angle again on BT in the post-match discussion with Hoddle, Lineker and Ferdinand - if they did I missed it. It would be odd not to show it as that's the one angle where you see it clearly

2 reviews per team per game. It’s the only way this won’t kill the game

Totally agree. I’ve been saying this for years.
Works perfect in tennis and would be great for football.
Reviewing every fucking single thing is a joke.

I have just read that fernandinho was seen to slam a door whilst shouting 'FUCK VAR'
tenor.gif

Spurs fan in peace.

Firstly, I think your players were absolutely amazing last night. You were the better team and probably should have won.

On the flip side, we do not have your resources, and had our star man missing. We only had 2 fit centre midfielders (although Wanyama is barely fit at all), and one of those went off injured.

Our players showed amazing fight and spirit to even compete against you.

It is a crying shame that some of your fans wish to solely blame VAR. If you were on the other side of those decisions you wouldn’t be seeing things this way.

OK, so if it brushed Llorente’s arm, was his arm in an unnatural position? That is the current rule. You were happy to get a penalty for Rose’s block? The goal was given, and I cannot say there was a ‘clear and obvious error’ to overturn it. Most angles are not even conclusive!

The offside was offside. This is a line decision. It can’t be disputed.

I feel like your old school fans are taking it like men, but maybe the new fans you have attracted are the ones who sound like the victimised Scousers.

Your team is amazing and you lost a really tight game. Be proud. Don’t just blame VAR and UEFA - you are a better club than that.
There is literally nothing, nothing at all, in the laws of the game as outlined by FIFA, about “unnatural position”. This is a phrase that you’ve probably picked up from a clueless commentator.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.