Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Slightly embarrassed to reappear here.

For years Spurs have been synonymous with snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It is nice to have it the other way round for a change.

Well played to everyone. I hope I could say that if the result had gone the other way.

Absolutely insane game of football, it was like all tactics had gone out of the window for the first 25 minutes. It is what it is, you are through. Credit due you coped with injuries, rode the storm and got through. Kane being injured did you a massive favour, you are a better team without him in spite of his goals.

Fuck me, I’ve been feeling sick all day. The handball decision is honestly so unsettling given the fact that VAR was supposed to make football fairer. I don’t think it’s corruption. I think it’s a bunch of overconfident shitty refs in the back room jumping the gun and trying to rush and being fine with giving the refs angles they thought were okay. I think it was just a case of incompetence.

This is like the third time where we thought this would be our “best chance to win the champions league.” Eventually it’ll come.

Now I just want to punish Liverpool in the league and make sure they don’t ever dare think they can play football with the mighty Manchester City again. I want to crush their fucking souls in anger.

I for one will root for Spurs to win the Champions League. Dishonest Llorente or not.Lot of people outside of England have been running their mouths talking shit about the quality of the premier league. So it will bring me pride to see a team in our league bring home the glory and send the soft Spanish fucks back home. Tired of La Liga.

For years Spurs have been synonymous with snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It is nice to have it the other way round for a change.

Well played to everyone. I hope I could say that if the result had gone the other way.

get fucked and get on your own site, prick

I was dreading Son playing in that role rather than Kane. He takes up better positions from an attacking sense & has better movement, is less predictable etc. He was clinical last night. Apart from the outcome of the tie I thought it was a great game (not something you can say too often about the Champions League). I'd wish you all the best for the semi but I'd be lying & I hope Ajax stuff you (sorry!).

I was dreading Son playing in that role rather than Kane. He takes up better positions from an attacking sense & has better movement, is less predictable etc. He was clinical last night. Apart from the outcome of the tie I thought it was a great game (not something you can say too often about the Champions League). I'd wish you all the best for the semi but I'd be lying & I hope Ajax stuff you (sorry!).
That twat Son should be doing national service the draft dodging fucker lol.

Last night was the worst I have ever felt after a football match. (Granted, I am only in my early twenties) Whilst all City fans knew that City might not live up to the media's hysteria surrounding the 'quad', I did not think it would be that game, or in that fashion, that we would be departing from one of our trophy hunts.

VAR should NOT be in play if it does not show ALL angles from replays that the fans see post-match. Having seen all angles, the spurs goal should not have stood. Saying this, the handball rule is to blame as a whole. Unfortunately, VAR in the CL means that we cannot expect anymore 'Agueroooo' moments if we have to have one eye on the ref when instead we should be celebrating in hysteria.

Being in the stadium, you could sense that the celebrations from the fans weren't genuine. This really does take all the fun out of football if you cannot commit to bouncing around with fans.

I felt I was making it clear so sorry if it did not appear that way
My question is whether there is a clear and obvious advantage gained a few millimeters makes no difference does it but a foot a yard does
Just look at how corners are now taken how far off the line are they ?
The ‘spirit’ of the fame is key and that requires wisdom not a slide rule
Sadly that wisdom is lacking in today’s world everywhere we look - a box ticking world
It is a long time since I looked at a referee’s rule book but we am sure the first rule us “the referee’s decision is final”. Clearly this is a rule that lends itself to wisdom, corruption, conscious and unconscious bias. I feel that in these days of high finance, High scrutiny, high speed, high jinks, professional diving, pressurising there is little room for it. Call it unfortunate, unacceptable or call it progress but that is where we are. I agree with the idea of the spirit of the rules, which is essentially how they are decided but I think the only way we can deal with this is carefully crafting them with this criteria in mind. We want good play to be rewarded with goals, we want the dark arts to be punished fairly. The use of technology is the way forward. One of my personal ideas is yellow carding all simulation whether it was a foul or not but at the same time giving pens for a foul even if the attacker doesn’t go to ground. VAR should be used for this, will we then have a Salad toss in the box when the cheating dipper is already on a yellow? Even if he isn’t you can bet he would accumulate enough of them over a season for a ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.