Var debate 2019/20

UEFA provided clarification for the Telegraph where they highlight that ref's are told to rule out goals that directly go in off the hand. Yesterday the ref clearly indicated that he can't see a hand ball and it came off his hip. First of all I find it ridiculous that he is shown the worst angle. This is down to the interpretation of the referee to apply the rule and depending on who it is you get a different outcome. Not surprising the rule is changing because there is no difference in the ball ultimately going in via the hand or from the hand assisting in the control of it. If he permitted the goal then his decision raises an important question about what is offside. Aguero was ruled offside, which was correctly overturned according to the rule. However, if we compare it to the hand ball offence by Llorente one can rightfully argue that Eriksen's initiated pass barely clipping the City player still would have made it to Aguero and provided no difference to the outcome. Should that be offside? He did not gain an unfair advantage, and in no way greater of an advantage than Llorente with his use of his arm permitting the correct ricochet for their goal. If we are applying offsides by the book then how did Son's goal in their home game count? Half his body is offside but it is not deemed as a clear enough for VAR to conclude it is an obvious error. Which part of the body do you count as offside, because they clearly looked at his feet only otherwise the conclusion would have been that he is offside. Harry Kane was offside vs Chelsea in the same manner as Son but people using VAR ignored that you can score with the upper half of your body. Then again Llorente being allowed to use his makes for the argument that under current rules you are allowed to use the arm in assistance to score. Yet again that means that Son is most definitely offside. Then we need to discuss the referee ignoring Rose effecting Bernardo's ability to score. He makes no contact with the ball, (referee did not give a corner hence indicating that Rose did not play the ball) but the referee decides that Rose flying into Bernardo is deemed as fair try at preventing a goal. The issue is not with VAR, but with application of the rules by referees

City need to ask UEFA some serious questions about last nights use of VAR.
1. Why could the var officials not see the hand ball. I presume they would have Bt sports footage. The camera facing out of goal picked it up beautifully.they did not need to refer it to pitch side.
2.why was that footage not made available to the ref. SURELY you make all angles available to him....now he may or may not have allowed goal BUT in the first leg our penalty came from an unintentional hand ball as Spurs goal came last night.
3. Why when we all saw the angle at home was it not available.

Honestly we should join whatever new comp Fifa push for. A champs league without us is devalued

UEFA provided clarification for the Telegraph where they highlight that ref's are told to rule out goals that directly go in off the hand. Yesterday the ref clearly indicated that he can't see a hand ball and it came off his hip. First of all I find it ridiculous that he is shown the worst angle. This is down to the interpretation of the referee to apply the rule and depending on who it is you get a different outcome. Not surprising the rule is changing because there is no difference in the ball ultimately going in via the hand or from the hand assisting in the control of it. If he permitted the goal then his decision raises an important question about what is offside. Aguero was ruled offside, which was correctly overturned according to the rule. However, if we compare it to the hand ball offence by Llorente one can rightfully argue that Eriksen's initiated pass barely clipping the City player still would have made it to Aguero and provided no difference to the outcome. Should that be offside? He did not gain an unfair advantage, and in no way greater of an advantage than Llorente with his use of his arm permitting the correct ricochet for their goal. If we are applying offsides by the book then how did Son's goal in their home game count? Half his body is offside but it is not deemed as a clear enough for VAR to conclude it is an obvious error. Which part of the body do you count as offside, because they clearly looked at his feet only otherwise the conclusion would have been that he is offside. Harry Kane was offside vs Chelsea in the same manner as Son but people using VAR ignored that you can score with the upper half of your body. Then again Llorente being allowed to use his makes for the argument that under current rules you are allowed to use the arm in assistance to score. Yet again that means that Son is most definitely offside. Then we need to discuss the referee ignoring Rose effecting Bernardo's ability to score. He makes no contact with the ball, (referee did not give a corner hence indicating that Rose did not play the ball) but the referee decides that Rose flying into Bernardo is deemed as fair try at preventing a goal. The issue is not with VAR, but with application of the rules by referees
It should only be your chest for me. Feet legs and stuff should not count. In athletics the athletes chest is what has to cross the line nothing else.So much easier for a officIan to see. Players have about 12 different boot colours now how do you decide whose orange boot was offside looking down the line ?

Also 4 goals scored first half. Spurs lad down injured twice.......soooo obviously 3 minutes added time WTF. We were robbed of at least 3 minutes there!

Deliberately or not ITS FUKIN HANDBALL

I cannot understand how some City fans STILL don't know the rules. UEFA and their directive has been reiterated so many times in this thread, yet people are STILL claiming the handball was not deliberate (some blind muppets even claim it was not handball, despite CLEAR CAMERA EVIDENCE from other angles!).

For the umpteenth time guys, IT DOES NOT MATTER IF IT WAS DELIBERATE OR NOT. Spurs were ATTACKING, not defending.

The rules have been posted by others but ignore me and others. Research it yourself. That way, you might believe yourself, as some of you clearly don't trust me and several other posters.

Look, even the MUEN know the TRUTH....

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...all-news/var-handball-man-city-spurs-16148542

VAR might come in in the Premier League but the protests will be overwhelming. It wont last in its current form chiefly because of the damage it does to fans goal celebrations which is what we all go to see.

Technology has to be used, but not at the expense of interrupting the flow of the game.

Why are all replays/slow motion such poor quality?
Aren’t we in the age of 4/8k UHD?
Shouldn’t every image be crystal clear? As this is how it’s portrayed in slow motion UHD football adverts!

i for one will be bailing out of the game,i cant sit there and watch this nonsense every time a suspect goal is scored,under normal circumstances with just the ref we would have won 5-3 last night, with VAR if properly used it should have been 4-2, VAR has to be a 360 degree simulation of the incident which is viewed from all angles for it to work and improve the game.we managed for over 100 years with a ref and two linesmen and i'm quite sure we could do another 100 years, i feel cheated from last night not bitter at going out but cheated and that's not value for money

Does the referee get to view all the angles? If someone is manipulating which angles he sees that's really suspicious. I don't believe that is the case.

I believe they make best efforts to come to the right decision but it's a borderline process.

We can not be interrupting the game if we still have raging debates 24 hours later whether they got it right or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.