Notre Dame Cathedral fire

At what time in the day did you go, and how did you aproach it?
it was in the evening ,in summer,was about half an hour before it closed, wasn't planned wasn't expecting to be in Amiens at all,but for sure if you wanted to make it a special occasion, theres no reason not to,i took some pictures inside, some of the stained glass ,not sure if it was permitted
nice video

That can't be true, can it? Why would they possibly feel the need to get involved in something like this?
Was thinking the same myself, it's an awful tragedy, but would the French be sending us money if Canterbury
Cathedral burned down? Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I can't see it.

Was thinking the same myself, it's an awful tragedy, but would the French be sending us money if Canterbury
Cathedral burned down? Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I can't see it.
Maybe it's an offer of skilled craftsmen who were involved with York Minster or Windsor Castle?

Does anyone find it odd that amongst the promises of donations from billionaires and huge companies, there's one organisation that hasn't pledged a penny? The organisation that actually uses the building. The Vatican has pledged to offer their 'technical expertise' only.

Does anyone find it odd that amongst the promises of donations from billionaires and huge companies, there's one organisation that hasn't pledged a penny? The organisation that actually uses the building. The Vatican has pledged to offer their 'technical expertise' only.
If that's true, it's a disgrace.
If there's one organisation that could afford the restoration without any contributions from anyone else or from the French taxpayers it's them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.