Next season it’s time to admit

We tried to make history by going for all the comps and that can only be commended that our great club was the one trying to achieve such a feat

That said next season, I think we should look to concentrate on the league title along with the CL and like mentioned above let the youth play their part in the domestic cup comps

I seen teams going for the quad and seen all of them fail.

The press /media made it a thing . Embarrassing we had a quad thread on here, winning ONE of the major trophies was the important thing.

Nonetheless we had a brave tilt at it, it may be our undoing though.

This year was especially difficult to play across four competitions because of our injuries. If Kevin and Mendy weren't out for as long as they were, we would've stayed solid during that period where we were dropping points and letting a gap grow between us and Liverpool. Zinchenko and Bernardo getting injured when they did was a terrible add on and had a huge impact on Pep's selection for the first leg.
We'll get more support in the form of a Fernandinho replacement and LB cover. I really hope we don't lose anyone because everyone in the squad has proven what their role is and each role is important to a team that aspires to win all four trophies.
Tbh, I don't like this attitude of picking and choosing which competitions to go full force into. You plan and play to win the game regardless.

That's the problem though - specifically with the League cup

The League Cup makes a congested point of the season worse IMHO. Teams have got QF and SF games around an already hectic Christmas period, coming off the CL group stages. I'd rather players had the rest for the league games

Any trophy is an accomplishment, but at this stage of the ongoing evolution of the club we do need to prioritise
We played burton in the semis lol hardly doubt it fatigued the squad that much.

And we have a huge squad,we need to do well in the cups to give them all game time.

The problem with the theory of sacrificing cups in the way Liverpool have this season is you could still end up with fuck all. There is a good chance Liverpool will do just that, not sure many would want to bet on them winning the semi against Barcelona, and it at best 50/50 for the Prem.

It actually took quite a combination of disasters to see us fall short last night capped by a goal that went to VAR but was allowed when it should not have been. As it happens I have a feeling that Barcelonas name is on it and we would have struggled to beat them in a final. If we go on to win the title and the FA cup and become the first team ever to do the domestic treble then I see no reason why we should not go for the lot again. We have the squad depth and really and truly if we had sacrificed the domestic cups it would not have stopped something like last night taking place. Only City could have stopped that by not fucking the first leg up to start with.

Looking at the first leg against Spurs Pep made some poor decisions before we even consider who was picked. He could have moved La Porte into left back and benched Delph with Kompany in the middle. He could have played Sane instead of Mahrez but none of us know what the problem is there (or if there is one). He could have brought on the big guns 10 minutes earlier and given us a chance of an equaliser. This wasn’t a case of playing our second choice players but Pep made some fundamental errors in how to maximise the squad he had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.