Var debate 2019/20

I don't think VAR is a joke, it's just the idiot officials who look at it. The TV camera that was looking over the ref's shoulder clearly showed that he was only looking at the worst angle, while he IGNORED the angle right next to it that gave a much clearer picture.

Really frustrating that we got that penalty last week, but that goal yesterday stood. Llorente celebrating as if he just scored some magnificent goal absolutely did my head in.

Unfortunately, competence and integrity are well beyond UEFA’s capabilities.

The media also seem to be washing the controversies for the most part, mostly indicating both the handball and offside decisions were correct, even though both are dubious.

Can you imagine the media reaction if these same decisions had gone against Spurs?

Or — GASP — Liverpool?
Surely refs and video team have a written method statement for its use?
I ask because improving their own rules is presumably the objective so implementing var should surely have its own rules?

Mate, the handball rules are different for attackers. According to a recent UEFA directive, ANY use of the arm, deliberate or accidental, means that a goal must be disallowed. Don't feel bad. Most of us on here didn't know this until last night/this morning. So, excuse us, if we're fucked off with being knocked out by a goal that shouldn't have been.

Do you have any evidence of this directive?

Couldn’t agree more, I’m fucking drained today coz of a massive high to a massive low, also embarrassing is the celebration which now feels ridiculous.
It’s beyond belief that a natural game played for over a century can be so influenced from afar. It’ll take about ten games next year before the penny drops that celebrating a goal will be pointless until it’s confirmed and then a few hurrahs are allowed.
Dead on its feet and lacking emotion football seriously will be killed
100% correct , the match going fan is just there for background noise & wallpaper, neutrals are saying the game was brilliant excitement(till their teams get fucked over) & thats what this is all about ..turning a once live experience into a t.v soap opera for the neutral masses , the football equivalent of The Trueman Show .

All these people commenting on the VAR but us poor fuckers at the game sat there not having a clue what’s happening. Could learn a thing or two from rugby or cricket

Does the referee get to view all the angles? If someone is manipulating which angles he sees that's really suspicious. I don't believe that is the case.

I believe they make best efforts to come to the right decision but it's a borderline process.

We can not be interrupting the game if we still have raging debates 24 hours later whether they got it right or not.
UEFA have confirmed today that every camera angle is made available to the referee. BT actually showed the screen from over the referees shoulder last night and he was never shown the camera angle which proves handball despite reviewing the other two angles multiple times.

The angle either wasn’t made available to the referee or he chose not to view it, either way it’s bent as fuck and if anyone wants 100% proof there it is. On top of the camera not being available at Shalke, the change in the handball rule midway through a game and the refusal to go to VAR for encroachment last week is just ridiculous. It’s so predictable and premeditated, I told everyone at the start of the season and you’ll still get people on here saying it evens out over a season.

The problem is the frame rate not the number of pixels in each frame.
Unless the camera equipment increases the frame rate slo mo is guessed rather than recorded is it not?
Yes it is all to do with frame rates.
But when sports TV providers advertise in slow motion, where you can see in game footage of players kicking balls in UHD slow motion.
Surely that match was filmed at a higher frame rate, so it can be done.
Are they breaking any advertisement laws?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.