Var debate 2019/20

As I've replied to ballinio we did have a VAR decision go for us at spurs but unfortunately Sergio had his pen saved, early days yet we will see how it goes
What about Son being offside? He can score with his shoulder that was offside as Delph's arm isn't counted?

I'm finishing this season out and then I'm Done with football.

You might as well be watching the wwe. The result is known before the game.

Fans are wankers in general, everything is hysterical reactions. Win. Ooohhh he's the best in the world. Lose. Oooh he's fucking shite him.

It's soap opera, hello magazine, celebrity bullshit.

You can stick your tabloid journalism, hello magazine culture and vulture agents up your arse.

I'll have a special place in my heart for Manchester City Football Club forever but I'm too old and too cynical to give a fuck any more after this season.

When you lost last years CL tie to Liverpool, salah was clearly offside for the first goal at Anfield. VAR would have rightly ruled him offside. You all would have been happy. The Milner deflection- 2nd leg - VAR would have given the goal to Sane. People were wishing they had VAR.

You were all happy you got a pen in the first leg vs Spurs, and I doubt anyone complained about VAR then, even if it was a poor decision. The 3rd Spurs goal last night would have been harsh if disallowed. Goes in off his hip. Aguerro was offside. Unlucky, but correct decision. I wasn't arsed about who won. Correct decisions were made. Whether VAR is any good for the game is debateable.

VAR has changed the game for better or for worse, just like billion dollar owners have. A 90 page thread on the merits of VAR. if you'd won, this thread would not exist. Simple.
Wtf are you taking about ?
You contradict yourself.

The signficant goal bound collision is with his body not forearm. If the ref missed it, this only proves its insignificance
Sorry that's not true, the replay I gave you shows the ball makes two movements, one of the elbow, one off the hip. "That proves it's significance" because the final trajectory has changed completely by the inclusion of the elbow. Also the reason the ref missed it is because he wasn't given that angle, have you not been keeping up with the thread? All of this has been discussed and most are in agreement it should not have stood.

Last edited:
We were shit at defending thats what caused our elimination.We can blame VAR,the ref etc but people need to blame the players at the end of the day for shit marking.
Got to agree with Oakie here.

The whole tie reeked of naivety by us, which I understand is some statement.

Pep and his management team decided to send out an unrecognisable team in that first leg, that was set up to, I don't know, not score?

Pep's plan to keep a clean sheet in that first leg would've been some result.

Our full back positions, to me anyway, are a vulnerable point that high end opposition would attack.

When Spurs then got that goal, an away goal for us was imperative, and the minimum we would require to progress.

His refusal to then not change tac and go with more offensive players and the mind boggles.

In the 89th minute he introduced Sane and de Bruyne to the fray, when rather than them having time to conjure up a goal chance, the only thing he was risking was them getting injured.

And as it has turned out, that was when it was over.

In that 2nd leg, he went full turn around.
Almost every player was an attacker.

We had full backs playing as wingers, all attacking midfielders, no regard for any kind of defensive or positonal marking, and it was down to Kompany and Laporte to do all the defending.

In that first half, every time Spurs got the ball, it was keystone kops time, with our players all over the place, busting a gut just to get behind the ball.
Them scoring was inevitable.

Once they had their away goals, it reinforced the all out attack situation for us.

So the off night by our only two defenders let them in for their 3, although that could've been more.

It was a great game and we went close, but we're out.

It's as if he didn't learn from that Monaco tie, when they scared us here, scoring three away goals.
He goes over there with a two goal lead, knowing how good they are on the counter, and goes all out attack, letting them rip us apart.

And the mind boggles.

Can see us getting done on Saturday I'm that far down into the abyss

Got to agree with Oakie here.

The whole tie reeked of naivety by us, which I understand is some statement.

Pep and his management team decided to send out an unrecognisable team in that first leg, that was set up to, I don't know, not score?

Pep's plan to keep a clean sheet in that first leg would've been some result.

Our full back positions, to me anyway, are a vulnerable point that high end opposition would attack.

When Spurs then got that goal, an away goal for us was imperative, and the minimum we would require to progress.

His refusal to then not change tac and go with more offensive players and the mind boggles.

In the 89th minute he introduced Sane and de Bruyne to the fray, when rather than them having time to conjure up a goal chance, the only thing he was risking was them getting injured.

And as it has turned out, that was when it was over.

In that 2nd leg, he went full turn around.
Almost every player was an attacker.

We had full backs playing as wingers, all attacking midfielders, no regard for any kind of defensive or positonal marking, and it was down to Kompany and Laporte to do all the defending.

In that first half, every time Spurs got the ball, it was keystone kops time, with our players all over the place, busting a gut just to get behind the ball.
Them scoring was inevitable.

Once they had their away goals, it reinforced the all out attack situation for us.

So the off night by our only two defenders let them in for their 3, although that could've been more.

It was a great game and we went close, but we're out.

It's as if he didn't learn from that Monaco tie, when they scared us here, scoring three away goals.
He goes over there with a two goal lead, knowing how good they are on the counter, and goes all out attack, letting them rip us apart.

And the mind boggles.

Can see us getting done on Saturday I'm that far down into the abyss
Pep's plan would've worked it Aguero puts that penalty away early in the away leg. That changed the whole dynamic, it galvanised Spurs for the rest of the first leg, and changed it all. Then Delph doesn't play to the whistle for their winner of that leg, gives Son space and they wim. Aguero puts that penalty away, we likely romp away and VAR isn't a factor in our home leg.

But that's the luck you need in the Champions League, that has escaped us everytime we are in it bar the Pellegrini semi final season. Fine margins again, and fine margins between Pep being a genius or apparently failing in the CL again according to the media.

When you lost last years CL tie to Liverpool, salah was clearly offside for the first goal at Anfield. VAR would have rightly ruled him offside. You all would have been happy. The Milner deflection- 2nd leg - VAR would have given the goal to Sane. People were wishing they had VAR.

You were all happy you got a pen in the first leg vs Spurs, and I doubt anyone complained about VAR then, even if it was a poor decision. The 3rd Spurs goal last night would have been harsh if disallowed. Goes in off his hip. Aguerro was offside. Unlucky, but correct decision. I wasn't arsed about who won. Correct decisions were made. Whether VAR is any good for the game is debateable.

VAR has changed the game for better or for worse, just like billion dollar owners have. A 90 page thread on the merits of VAR. if you'd won, this thread would not exist. Simple.

A Liverpool supporter talking about fair play YCNMIU

Not sure if question has been asked ( just got home from work and to knackered to go back over pages I missed) "if spurs goal had gone in directly off his arm would the ref disallowed it without question"
If so why give it because it went on to his hip.
Dippers full on last night - loving it that we were out, we don't need Cardiff's help but the dippers fall can't come soon enough now so come on Warnock get something on Sunday.
City unbeaten run in for me now so it makes no difference other than plenty of cardiff supporters working with us who also hates the dippers.

Var and the correct decision is a wonderful thing.

Unfortunately it`s been left in the hands of ****s who can distort the truth.

This is it, in a nutshell.

VAR does not remove the fragility of the human eye...and the ability of humans to see what either they want to see or are told to see. It is, therefore, completely and utterly flawed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.