Var debate 2019/20

There is time yet for similar to happen to the dippers.

Karma is a ****.
Honestly it's bad enough we have the media to ignore, but we have to put up with them gloating in a harsh defeat for us here.

I hope it does happen to them because a moan from us about it is understandable but we will move on... It will ruin their season if they have to deal with anything like that because they are so entitled, they are incapable of doing the same.

Last touch comes of Laporte hand
No it doesn't there would be movement on his hand if there was, it does look like it from certain angles but it comes off Llorente. That would be irrelevant anyway, the handball after the handball.

Last touch comes of Laporte hand

Doubtful, dubious or any other word you care to substitute, but one very important word "IRRELEVANT" Once it hits Llorente's hand , don't matter what happens next, before ball ends up in goal - handball, AS EUFA HAVE DIRECTED!!

The consensus amongst football people outside of City is that the decisions were correct. I have been influenced both ways reading the opinion but can't summon up any feelings of outrage. If I read the rules and look at the video evidence I can see that the decisions are consistent with the rules. There is a grey area over UEFA guidance and pending changes that muddy the waters, but I am going with how the game has been interpreted in the past and I believe that Aguero was cm offside and that the handball was not deliberate. You can say that that means it's not a goal but the rules do not say that and until they change, they apply. That is what a nutty observer would say.
slightly edited. :-)

The law has never been applied in this way before is what so many are missing... I have a feeling they will find more daft holes in the law that were left down to the refs common sense applied within the spirit of the game. Some of the arguments are pure lawyer speak and that's unsettling.

Last edited:
VAR is not at all a joke. Sometimes VAR takes too long - and maybe on occasion you disagree with the VAR ruling.

AI is on the cusp - IMO - of replacing all refereeing in top-league officiating. AI is simply an algorithm - ostensibly without bias - but is found to be with bias - correctable.

Far from a joke - VAR is the gate to fair play, provably neutral, officiated by AI.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.