Booing the Champions League Anthem

One of my best friends is a Tottenham supporter and he asked why we boo the UCL anthem.

My answer - you try getting shafted by getting drawn against Bayern/Barca for 6 straight years, get picked on with arbitrary FFP rules, and have dodgy decisions made against you with and without VAR.
Also:
1. Shafting City fans who had already bought accomodation in Moscow before UEFA enforced playing the game behind closed door with, subsequently, a whole pile of home Ultras attending as UEFA guests.
2. Fining City more (£25,000) for coming out 30 seconds late at HT than fining Sporting Lisbon for racist chanting.

Losing our Premier league title will hurt far more than last night , the Champs league is all show and no substance , UEFA only want one of the previous G14 clubs winning their corrupt competition , its just a glamorous over hyped cup and an advertising tool that UEFA milk for all its worth , if Barca win it then Messi will also win the Balon D'Or , its all so predictable.

Blame VAR, blame referee, blame dodgy linesman. Always the same. Couldn't even beat Tottenham over 2 legs, truly shocking. Best chance of a Champions League win come and gone with the mighty strong Schalke, Tottenham and Ajax standing in the way. Yet again a ton of goals conceded, really am disappointed.

One of my best friends is a Tottenham supporter and he asked why we boo the UCL anthem.

My answer - you try getting shafted by getting drawn against Bayern/Barca for 6 straight years, get picked on with arbitrary FFP rules, and have dodgy decisions made against you with and without VAR.
Is this why our fans our booing the C/L - because of some some sort of undounded conspiracy theory against City with respect to unlucky C/L draws?

What about this year then? We've had incredibly favorable draws - where is the conspiracy this year?

I admit that - as an American - looking into MC from abroad - that I might miss something obvious...

But booing the C/L anthem - as a statement against UEFA - for whatever transgression...

I just don't get this whatsoever.

Yes we've had unfavorable draws in the C/L in years past - but to completely discount this as simply unlucky - smacks of conspiracy-theory mongering.

This year we've had fantastically favorable draws - what say you conspiracy theorists to this?

I admit that - as an American - looking into MC from abroad - that I might miss something obvious...

But booing the C/L anthem - as a statement against UEFA - for whatever transgression...

I just don't get this whatsoever.

Yes we've had unfavorable draws in the C/L in years past - but to completely discount this as simply unlucky - smacks of conspiracy-theory mongering.

This year we've had fantastically favorable draws - what say you conspiracy theorists to this?

Not aiming this at you specifically ...but fuck me it's not an anthem ..
It's a fucking shitty jingle

Not aiming this at you specifically ...but fuck me it's not an anthem ..
It's a fucking shitty jingle
Booing, though, isn't interpreted as dislike for the "jingle"

It's obviously dislike for UEFA - and thus for some sort of unfair treatment/agenda.

To interpret the booing as dislike for the gingle - is either extremely naieve - or is some sort of troll designed to elicit an unwarranted response that you can then ridicule.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.