Booing the Champions League Anthem

Here's the thing about Wednesday night, atmosphere wise it's never been better at the Etihad.. We won the game and you know what I never heard the booing once. Yes we hate Uefa but some minority of fans are acting like scousers Friggen victims. Sing songs about about hating Uefa, turn up and get the stadium bouncing. I get in debt following City, a season ticket holder from Manchester that has lived in Glasgow for 13 years. I travel further for home games than most of you do for aways. I do without, but never do I take watching City for granted and always get behind the team. I was brought up on the Kippax and started going with my mates as a season ticket holder when I was 13..
I begged my dad to take me every week from the age of 6. My season ticket was my birthday present every year until I was working. Yes we have a quality side but they need us. All the fans around me on Wednesday that I didn't recognise sang their hearts out like I never seen since the Hamburg game. If you want to be a victim fair enough, I support the cause but supporting City means going to the game and getting behind the boys in blue. Not being a Victim and not having 10k post on a friggen forum.

Here's the thing about Wednesday night, atmosphere wise it's never been better at the Etihad.. We won the game and you know what I never heard the booing once. Yes we hate Uefa but some minority of fans are acting like scousers Friggen victims. Sing songs about about hating Uefa, turn up and get the stadium bouncing. I get in debt following City, a season ticket holder from Manchester that has lived in Glasgow for 13 years. I travel further for home games than most of you do for aways. I do without, but never do I take watching City for granted and always get behind the team. I was brought up on the Kippax and started going with my mates as a season ticket holder when I was 13..
I begged my dad to take me every week from the age of 6. My season ticket was my birthday present every year until I was working. Yes we have a quality side but they need us. All the fans around me on Wednesday that I didn't recognise sang their hearts out like I never seen since the Hamburg game. If you want to be a victim fair enough, I support the cause but supporting City means going to the game and getting behind the boys in blue. Not being a Victim and not having 10k post on a friggen forum.

Did you have a point? As from that random mess I never saw it.

You are glaswegan and manc
You went to maine rd a lot
But you dont boo
So that means your bertines is more than any booer ???
New fans were more supportive of uefa.
We are scouse like on the flimsiest proposition that we.think uefa are twats

Yeah ok mate

I will continue supporting my team my way as I have done for 38 years booing cùnts included

Last edited:

I am not sure if that is a go at me or others that post on this thread but to say we are acting like scousers ! Many of us have stories like yours, my Dad hated football, I did a paper round and along with birthday and Christmas money that got my season ticket because I had not other choice. I have put City before family but I was there before we were shit and I am still here now. City fans were shit on by UeFA and they (we) have good cause to boo the sad bent bastards with all our heart and soul. As long as we then shout sing and scream for 90 minutes I cannot see why people get so upset about 30 seconds of protest.

I've never read anything you've ever posted so my post is not directed at you. It's about how friggen awesome the atmosphere was on Wednesday night and how the non season ticket holders helped make it the best since Hamburg. If you remember a lot of City fans that night were not season ticket holders. I am but I get behind the team and would never do anything that was detrimental to the team. The whole story about booing like its your life story stinks of being a victim, its very negative There are positive ways of showing our hatred of Uefa. Supporting the team positively will always come first for me and I will never be a victim.

I've never read anything you've ever posted so my post is not directed at you. It's about how friggen awesome the atmosphere was on Wednesday night and how the non season ticket holders helped make it the best since Hamburg. If you remember a lot of City fans that night were not season ticket holders. I am but I get behind the team and would never do anything that was detrimental to the team. The whole story about booing like its your life story stinks of being a victim, its very negative There are positive ways of showing our hatred of Uefa. Supporting the team positively will always come first for me and I will never be a victim.
It's just a boo.

First of all I'm a manc.
I live in Glasgow and have done for 14 years or so.
I have followed City since I was 6, as in going to games.
That was 50 years ago.
I was brought up on the Kippax when we wore white butchers coats.
I was a casual.
It's not so much the booing I've got a problem with. You turn up and boo, that's your choice. It's the excuses for not going in the first place that the booing creates. I want a positive atmosphere from City fans first and foremost and hatred towards uefa separate from the match experience and less victim like.
Not turning up for games and using excuses like I hate Uefa, cost too much, been to Wembley too much. Its just an excuse because for some friggen mad reason people don't want to go and support our fantastic club..
Posting 10k post on a forum doesn't make you a City fan, going to games does.
This is not directed at people that have 10k post, go to games and sing in support of the team, booing or not. I applaud you.

If people choose not to.go, that's their business. No-one needs an excuse why they don't go to a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.