The Bernardo Silva Chant Has Been Ruined

This is so disrespectful and offensive I hope it doesnt catch on. Bernardo Silva deserves better, fantastic player and seems a really humble guy.
When I was a kid I sang hurtful songs about rags but it never got worse than ' Georgie Best superstar, wears frilly knickers and a playtex bra ' I dont think it caught on !
Nowadays we don't need to sing about them anymore, they are irrelevant.

This is so disrespectful and offensive I hope it doesnt catch on. Bernardo Silva deserves better, fantastic player and seems a really humble guy.
When I was a kid I sang hurtful songs about rags but it never got worse than ' Georgie Best superstar, wears frilly knickers and a playtex bra ' I dont think it caught on !
Nowadays we don't need to sing about them anymore, they are irrelevant.
Haha actually i think I sang “wears big knickers and a fancy bra”

It started off in the first half in SS1 "We're all going on the piss" which was fine and it started catching on again. Come back after half time and it's suddenly changed to "Bobby Charlton touches kids" song completely ruined for definite!

All we had to do was change it to "We're all going on the piss" or "We're all going to Wembley" but no. A few of the 1894 lads were insisting on trying to get more and more people to sing it during the 2nd half but not putting the full blame on them!

There really are some scumbags who should be ashamed to associate themselves with City.

As you said, great song ruined by some fucking idiots we have in the fanbase, after all the shit we've had thrown at us regarding sexual abuse of minors wouldn't you think that these fuckwits would think for just one second before uttering those sort of words. Might seem a laugh to some but when there will be (and is) potentially City fans sat amongst them that have suffered at the hands of child abusers, things like this are so crass you wouldn't believe. Just fucking think is the message I would like to get across.

Well said.

the self righteous media would use this as a massive stick to beat us with. young lads at the game will just see this as a bit of a laugh. were all going on the piss is what will catch on I think.

Yeah he's really going to hand in a transfer request isn't he

Give it a rest and keep calm dear

No he won't.

But I'm 100% sure Bernardo doesn't want that drivel and those words attached to his name. Would you?

But you carry on singing it.

Loud and proud, ah Chris!

"Touches kids!"

has he touched kids tho?

For fuck sake its a song (in bad taste admittidly) wipe your fannys and move on lads!
FFS, I hope you were drunk when you wrote that.

A. There are enough survivors of child abuse around (and enough association with our old youth setup) to cause offence

B. We really don't need to sing about the rags, especially not offensive stuff about their former players

C. How do you think Bernardo Silva feels?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.