Running thread

Did a 15 mile run this morning, 1.46.06 for the half marathon, my PB according to strava. 8.08 minute/mile pace.

Just to add some TMI, I've had 3 pints of water, a pint of vimto, 3 cans of Pepsi max cherry (dont judge me) and a massive cup of tea, and I still haven't been for a pee since that run. Crazy
Make sure you replace your electrolytes mate or you are at risk of hyponatraemia. In fact, you may already be exhibiting symptoms, according to the details in your post. You could eat some ready salted crisps, drink a sports drink like Lucozade Sport or just eat some salty food.

Thanks for the advice fellas. Haven't done anything yesterday or today with City and family commitments so I'm going to give it another go tomorrow with it expected to be the same as the last few days weather wise. Going to start with a 5k and see how I feel before carrying on towards the 10k

Make sure you replace your electrolytes mate or you are at risk of hyponatraemia. In fact, you may already be exhibiting symptoms, according to the details in your post. You could eat some ready salted crisps, drink a sports drink like Lucozade Sport or just eat some salty food.
Sage advice.

Get something like High5 or SiS electrolyte tablets, and replenish your levels, otherwise you could suffer symptoms like irregular heart rhythm or changes in blood pressure as well as muscle spasms and thirst.

I did the 5km Warrington Parkrun on Saturday at 5 mins per kilometer. Went out and did 10k yesterday evening at a much gentler 6 mins per km. It was very enjoyable by the Bridgewater Canal, around Lymm Dam, and on countryside paths, but I'm tired now as a result. Yesterday's run also got rid of most of the calories I took on board from a substantial carvery at lunchtime.

Couch25k wk3 run2 just done and did wk2 complete in the way back in.

Just over 7.2km in total with a best split of 7.46km.

I know it’s slow but I’m chuffed to bits with the way it’s going and so far in the last 2 months I’ve shed 2 stone and I’m a tad over 16 st and feeling great for it.

Couch25k wk3 run2 just done and did wk2 complete in the way back in.

Just over 7.2km in total with a best split of 7.46km.

I know it’s slow but I’m chuffed to bits with the way it’s going and so far in the last 2 months I’ve shed 2 stone and I’m a tad over 16 st and feeling great for it.

Keep it up, I’ll keep looking out for your updates.

Are you on strava?

Keep it up, I’ll keep looking out for your updates.

Are you on strava?

I am mate but I don’t share the data as of now and I have a Garmin watch arriving today to track everything as well. What’s your name in Strava? Send us a PM mate and I will add you.

I've got a half marathon coming up in 26th May. Still only up to about 6.5 /7 miles. Did 3 x 10k runs last week... Have I left it too late ? Or do I just wing it on the day and suffer the consequences? Any tips/ advice is much appreciated..

Certainly wouldn't wing it!! But you're already half way there, do a couple of 10/11 milers before hand and you should be fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.