Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people with high points who sell on regularly. Maybe not for profit but for the points and in general they go to blues. But let's not be naive and accept that some do if they get the chance. Help pay for Wembley or their season ticket.

And maybe these are club tickets but where they've received a request from a foreign group who want to attend a game. Or the OSC could have granted them to a group travelling over. As long as they've come out of the OSC's or club's own allocation then, whatever you think of the current system, there's no problem as these wouldn't have gone to seasoncard holders anyway.

Let's not make things up you have no proof of. Those who have historically gone to every game are not short of cash and will not miss big games.

For the many fans who do share season tickets ID collection just kills it for them. If ID is needed for aways then do it for homes to, and every ticket not just the ones earned on points.

I'm not saying it's right, but if you have 18,000+ points and know for a fact you can sell the tickets on with ease online, you can't blame them really. If some foreign lads wanted to pay me hundreds of pounds for a match ticket, then I'd be happy to oblige.

However, I don't think as much of this is going on as is made out. I think bad eggs in the ticket office or the club itself are dispatching stuff to mates or online at highly inflated rates.

Let's not make things up you have no proof of.
Which is exactly what you're doing. You've said no one on high points sells on for a profit. Where's your proof for that?

For the many fans who do share season tickets ID collection just kills it for them. If ID is needed for aways then do it for homes to, and every ticket not just the ones earned on points.
The rules on tickets are that they aren't transferable. Not only that but it's a criminal offence to do so unfortunately. If you want to stop people using other people's tickets then ID checks are the answer. No one cares about home tickets, as long as the seat is used but people selling on away tickets are potentially depriving people who would be rightfully entitled to them.

You can't moan about people selling on and then moan about ID checks. Unless you just like moaning of course.

You shouldn’t then.

club employees must be behind it to be on the scale last night and collections won't apply to them or the rest that go out the back door. Never heard of anyone on high points selling on for profit, they are normally mad keen city fans who want to be at the big games.

You are part of the problem paying touts.[/QUOT[/QUOTEE]

Ok, it's all the fault of the club, the foreigners and people like me who buy tickets at inflated prices.

All the people entitled to buy aways do so and always use them and any resistance to ID checks is purely on grounds of inconvenience.

That's sorted then!!

It will never happen but imagine if club said one day;

For all PL away games, club will keep 25% of allocation to use for club employees etc etc.
Remaining 75% will be made available strictly on a loyalty points basis regardless of OSC membership, corporate customer etc. Tickets are strictly non transferable and to ensure this tickets will be collectable on day of game only at the away ground and only on production of valid photo ID.

Inconvenient yes but is it a price worth paying?

Away days aren't what they used to be. First time I've been away this season so maybe it was a one off given the prestige of the fixture. In front of my seat were a middle eastern couple, the burka clad lady spent a fair proportion of the match sat down looking at her phone. Next to them was a south east asian bloke in a £1000 suit who seemed equally excited when utd attacked as when we did. Next to me was a French lad who told me he'd never been to a City game before but fair play to him he joined in as best he could. How do they get tickets.

Which is exactly what you're doing. You've said no one on high points sells on for a profit. Where's your proof for that?

The rules on tickets are that they aren't transferable. Not only that but it's a criminal offence to do so unfortunately. If you want to stop people using other people's tickets then ID checks are the answer. No one cares about home tickets, as long as the seat is used but people selling on away tickets are potentially depriving people who would be rightfully entitled to them.

You can't moan about people selling on and then moan about ID checks. Unless you just like moaning of course.

The ownership isn't transferred, another family member goes and they are not even being sold. Contact the club if you want to transfer a home ticket, they say you don't need to . it is fine. You can buy six tickets, how can you not transfer them, they are your guests.

No problem with tickets being sold on, just 70% of an away block being tourists, which is surely down to the club and not people with high points in some coordinated action.

It seems a very right wing agenda hitting fans on loyalty point but not the rich or privileged supporters clubs.

The ownership isn't transferred, another family member goes and they are not even being sold. Contact the club if you want to transfer a home ticket, they say you don't need to . it is fine. You can buy six tickets, how can you not transfer them, they are your guests.

No problem with tickets being sold on, just 70% of an away block being tourists, which is surely down to the club and not people with high points in some coordinated action.

It seems a very right wing agenda hitting fans on loyalty point but not the rich or privileged supporters clubs.
If you've bought 6 tickets and the club has allowed you then they've implicitly authorised you. So you're not breaing the law or the ticket conditions. We're not talking about that. And I'll repeat that if the club has given out these tickets from its own allocation of 150 or whatever then that's no skin of your or anyone else's nose.

My son is 21 and has approximately 13k points. He goes to a lot of the less popular away games that go down to his points and loves the away day crack. On the odd occasion he manages to get a ticket for one of the sort after games he always comes back and says how shite the atmosphere was (Most recently Spurs CL) He enjoyed Palace 4 days later 10 times more. Sad times I’m afraid.
For info he got his Spurs ticket from a high points friend who genuinely couldn’t go.

Away days aren't what they used to be. First time I've been away this season so maybe it was a one off given the prestige of the fixture. In front of my seat were a middle eastern couple, the burka clad lady spent a fair proportion of the match sat down looking at her phone. Next to them was a south east asian bloke in a £1000 suit who seemed equally excited when utd attacked as when we did. Next to me was a French lad who told me he'd never been to a City game before but fair play to him he joined in as best he could. How do they get tickets.
First away game of the season? How did you get yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.