Why we will win the league!

I had one this morning going on about the PFA TOTY — and I am not joking — trying to tell me there was no reason that Fernandinho should be in it and that Fabinho deserves it more.

He also said that even if we win it by one point, everyone will consider Liverpool “Associate Champions”, so he is happy to focus on the CL, as if they win it no one will remember our “treble” (he actually said “quote, treble”).

He was being completely serious about all of it.

Please tell me he didn’t say that.

Not even the rags were that desperate in 11/12

And it will be the quad anyway, because we won the community shield. Literally every domestic trophy available to a top flight club in one season - IF we do it.

Please tell me he didn’t say that.

Not even the rags were that desperate in 11/12

And it will be the quad anyway, because we won the community shield. Literally every domestic trophy available to a top flight club in one season - IF we do it.
Absolutely did.

Had a Spurs fan sat next to me at the meeting where this was said (right after it finished) trying to contain the laughter.

I had one this morning going on about the PFA TOTY — and I am not joking — trying to tell me there was no reason that Fernandinho should be in it and that Fabinho deserves it more.

He also said that even if we win it by one point, everyone will consider Liverpool “Associate Champions”, so he is happy to focus on the CL, as if they win it no one will remember our “treble” (he actually said “quote, treble”).

He was being completely serious about all of it.

Be a good lad and take him to the psychologist near you.

What the feck is associate champions

I expect Liverpool will win tomorrow comfortably so pressure will be back on us for the toughest game we have left on Sunday but if we can come through that then I would not be surprised to see them completely move focus to Barca and drop points against Newcastle.

Things i'm worried about

1 - Dyche being a Liverpool fan
2 - The stat that every year they've been in the EPL Burnley have beaten the champions
3 - Rodgers doing his old club a favour
4 - The squad looking thin in midfield due to injuries to KDB, Fernandinho and possibly Gundogan. I don't think the first two will be back this season.
5 - The fact we've never clinched a title away from home, in the Premier League era
6 - Fucking it up on the last day even if we win our next two.
7 - The fact that we've a good record against the top 6 this season, but its in games exactly like our next 3 that we've dropped points

Other than that i'm quite confident!!

Think Liverpool's games are irrelevant now. Huddersfield next at home, that's a gimme. Will be at least 3-0.
If they were away to Newcastle this weekend before we played then they might drop points if they were a bit deflated at our result last night, but having a gimme makes things irrelevant.
So say we drop points to Burnley then, Liverpool's will win their last two games if they have to to win the league.

Hopefully get an early goal on Sunday to calm the nerves

City like breaking records.

Nuf said. I hope.

Proud of our team. C'mon lads, neatly there.

I fully anticipate City winning the title by 6 clear points.
We'll win the next two comfortably and extend our GD by about 3. They'll beat Huddersfield but only manage a draw with Newcastle as their focus will be on the UCL.
Sadly this will mean that we won't be crowned champions at home as mathematically Liverpool could still win with a massive score against Wolves.
They'll lose to Wolves as their heads will have gone after being dumped out of all competitions by then (and Wolves are pretty tasty at the moment)
Cue party on the 12th but what a shame that it will only be the lucky few who can be there.
I'm sure we'll all find a way to celebrate !...

Everyone's been saying for a while now that we have the tougher fixtures, and rightly so. But after this weekend IMO they absolutely have the tougher fixtures. Newcastle A who are in good form and Wolves H who will be trying to finish in that seventh spot. Meanwhile we've got Leicester H who have Chelsea and Arsenal in their other games and Brighton A who could be fighting for safety but also could already be safe by the final day.

Be a good lad and take him to the psychologist near you.

What the feck is associate champions
Your guess is as good as mine.

It was such a crazy thing to say I had no response but a grin.

Well, aside from telling him to **** off (in so many words) with the assertion that Fabinho deserved to be in the PFA TOTY over Dinho.

As @Stoned Rose said, many dippers are losing the plot right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.