Running thread

I've got a half marathon coming up in 26th May. Still only up to about 6.5 /7 miles. Did 3 x 10k runs last week... Have I left it too late ? Or do I just wing it on the day and suffer the consequences? Any tips/ advice is much appreciated..

I winged my first one at about the same stage you’re at.

I didn’t find it easy, I was very steady but I enjoyed it and found it informed my training from then on. Glad I did it prepared or not but it’s better to be, and you have time!

It was also minus fucking 3, icy and snowing. What a day.

I've got a half marathon coming up in 26th May. Still only up to about 6.5 /7 miles. Did 3 x 10k runs last week... Have I left it too late ? Or do I just wing it on the day and suffer the consequences? Any tips/ advice is much appreciated..
Yeah, you've got a couple of weeks more preparation time before tapering so go long and slow. Then on race day, go at a very easy pace and you should be OK. You could use caffeine for the second half to help you through.

Last run of Couch25k wk3 done tonight with me running and walking on way back.

Managed a 5 minute stint on way back as well :-)

Today I beat my 5k record 22.35, my 10k record 45.50, and my 15k record 1.09.56! Running at a 7.30 m/m pace, so happy with that, God knows where it came from!

Last edited:
You signed up for parkrun?

Not yet.

Ive just seen that next week i finish by doing a 20 minute run so if that goes ok then i think i will get signed up.

Plenty around here with one in Castle Douglas and Dumfries having a few every weekend.

Not yet.

Ive just seen that next week i finish by doing a 20 minute run so if that goes ok then i think i will get signed up.

Plenty around here with one in Castle Douglas and Dumfries having a few every weekend.

Be good for you, no pressure, people to run with plus you get to see improvements each week hopefully.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.