FA Youth Cup Final 25th April - Lost 5-3 on penalties

I thought the right back and Tommy Doyle looked real prospects. Not sure why he took Garcia off, and I don’t think Garcia looked too impressed. Was sat very near our coach, is it Gareth Taylor? I thought he was completely uninspiring, heard him encourage once in the whole match, rest of the time just stood with his hands in his pockets

Not sure why he took Garcia off, and I don’t think Garcia looked too impressed.
Bigger picture, he took a knock, but if we were to get first team injuries (we might have them and not know), he could be needed in the first team squad in the next three games.

Was sat very near our coach, is it Gareth Taylor?
Yes.

Dippers were only gonna get that by virtue of some sloppy play in the second half. We scored a good 'un in added on to the first half, and then came out the second half, had enough chances to win it comfortably but then seemed to get into mind set of holding what we have. A misplaced pass from Nmecha who had a very good game, and two touches and the Dippers were level. Don't know what the goalie made of it 'cos as the shot made it's way towards him it looked like a straightforward head high catch. Next things it's in our net! We had the better of extra time but just couldn't force some good chances into the net. We hit the bar with one (bloody left footer again!!!) and neither goalie got any where near the other eight! Chance gone begging!

Agree with most but not that Nmecha had a very good game. I thought he was a weak link tonight and a bit off the pace. Very talented lad but just not tonight.

Moulden was close to saving the first, and got a hand on another, a bit unlucky, and there was a nailed on penalty not given for handball.
It is good to see that the DNA of our club is being started at youth level. We don’t get nailed on pens at youth level, we don’t get them at first team level

I thought the right back and Tommy Doyle looked real prospects. Not sure why he took Garcia off, and I don’t think Garcia looked too impressed. Was sat very near our coach, is it Gareth Taylor? I thought he was completely uninspiring, heard him encourage once in the whole match, rest of the time just stood with his hands in his pockets

Was injured It also meant that McDonald had to go in the back 4 so we lost some control in midfield

They need to review if the extra time is a good idea as most of the players were suffering from cramp, should just go straight to pens Felt for Cole Palmer, who missed the pen, as he look good when he came on

Moulden was close to saving the first, and got a hand on another, a bit unlucky, and there was a nailed on penalty not given for handball.

Didn't get a clear enough look at the pen. But there was sufficient call from those behind the goal and those City players in close proximity! It's the kind of shout that at that time of the game the ref is gonna fill his head with as much doubt as he needs!! I'd bet a pound to a penny we get on the shitty end of those calls if it's in our area!

Had that ref ever refereed before?. Some of the challenges he let go were very poor, and that handball he didn't give in extra time lol. That scouse defender just failed to hold the ball, absolutely blatant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.