Burnley (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't list what they are good at. I gave you a list of reasons why this was a potentially harder game than Wednesday, which is what the discussion was about.

You can address them if you want.

And I said it's not because United are a far better team. You can address that if you wish.

Well it's not laughably weird, actually. United have more points and better players of course. However there are reasons why we have struggled at Turf Moir recently and cruised at Old Trafford: some teams' style doesn't suit us and others' does. Burnley's sit back/route one/second ball/setpiece gameplan is a problem for us if we are not "at it". United were always going to come out at us which would give us room to play, and that's what happened. Burnley, if they get enough of the ball, can exploit our biggest weakness which is high balls and set pieces. Other factors to consider are form of course, but also relevant is the fact that we played on Wednesday and Burnley didn't.

I'm not saying we are goin g to lose the game of course. But I've been worried about this one for a while now and there's nothing "laughably weird" about that at all.

there is one big difference that posters just dont seem to be taking into consideration though. City HAVE to win, burnley dont. we will be aggressive and press like crazy. it will be 75% possession for City. and we must keep up that press even if we score 1, cos they do have the ability to score from a set piece if we get sloppy or defensive.

Didn't we thrash Burnely 6-1 at Turf Moor in the driving rain a few seasons back or am I getting senile dementia?

Yes under Mancini and I thought it was going to be a typical City moment and get abandoned.

Not much relevance to this game though.

More worried and nervous about this than Wednesday night. For some reason I’m seeing 1-1 or 2-1 Burnley.
You're minds fucking with you, if we win this game then you'll be thinking Leicester are a great side and if we win that one Brighton away is then seen as one of the tougher away visits when in reality if I said to you at the start of the season win our last 3 games against said teams you'd of snapped my hand off.

2015 figures, from The Star:

Arsenal Emirates Stadium 105m x 68m
Aston Villa Villa Park 105m x 68m
Hull KC Stadium 105m x 68m
Manchester City Etihad Stadium 105m x 68m
Manchester United Old Trafford 105m x 68m
Newcastle St James' Park 105m x 68m
Southampton St Mary's Stadium 105m x 68m
Sunderland Stadium of Light 105m x 68m
Swansea Liberty Stadium 105m x 68m
West Brom The Hawthorns 105m x 68m
Burnley Turf Moor 103.51m x 65.01m
Chelsea Stamford Bridge 103m x 67.5m
Liverpool Anfield 101m x 68m
West Ham Upton Park 100.58m x 68m
Leicester King Power Stadium 100.58m x 67.67m
Crystal Palace Selhurst Park 100.56m x 67.67m
Everton Goodison Park 100.48m x 68m
Tottenham White Hart Lane 100m x 67m
Stoke Britannia Stadium 100m x 66m
QPR Loftus Road 100m x 65.86

Burnley pitch was redone in 2017, it's full size now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.