Burnley (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't we thrash Burnely 6-1 at Turf Moor in the driving rain a few seasons back or am I getting senile dementia?

Oddly, I was talking to a Burnley fan yesterday about that game. He was saying how the home fans were praying the game would get abandoned because of the rain!

there is one big difference that posters just dont seem to be taking into consideration though. City HAVE to win, burnley dont. we will be aggressive and press like crazy. it will be 75% possession for City. and we must keep up that press even if we score 1, cos they do have the ability to score from a set piece if we get sloppy or defensive.

Of course, that's a big factor. You could of course flip it on it's head and say that City could be nervous and feeling the pressure. We certainly did for the first half hour on Wednesday.

I expect us to win. But I've been worried about this one for a while for the reasons I stated earlier.

Oddly, I was talking to a Burnley fan yesterday about that game. He was saying how the home fans were praying the game would get abandoned because of the rain!

I remember thinking, sitting at the kitchen table at Ewing Towers, that I might just have a sneaky peak at the MDC. It was only seven minutes after kick off but I thought we might have just, maybe . . . . . . . . . . . I ended up texting my lad and saying we've only had seven minutes and we're three up!! And then it pissed down and I thought of the Luton game. Burnley fans were leaving in droves well before halftime. I think the second half was drawn 1-1 but we won the first half five or six to nowt.

Of course, that's a big factor. You could of course flip it on it's head and say that City could be nervous and feeling the pressure. We certainly did for the first half hour on Wednesday.

I expect us to win. But I've been worried about this one for a while for the reasons I stated earlier.

they may be feeling some pressure, but i am firmly believing their self belief and coaching will shine through, and they will go through the gears and win. i think even the city players were looking to the spurs and utd games as a potential cock-up. with those out of the way it may be a new (or early season) city of shock and awe we see these last 3 games.

Burnley pitch was redone in 2017, it's full size now.
Good news. Thanks for that.
I still remember their old pitch well: great views from every seat and you felt like you were on it with the players.

dc64b6ff328f0e2fc1e4dce21ca9436a.jpg

PEP Always is (hard). They do really well what they do. We have to prepare and we are prepared. It’s the end of the season - the last games - and everyone feels pressure. Today we have day off and then we prepare for Burnley’s tough points.

Pep Guardiola has confirmed Kevin De Bruyne is NOT fit: "He's getting better. But he's out of the game on Sunday.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.